CD-RW Problem

Rob

Hey

I got a Sony Vaio laptop (FX-702) with WinXP Home on it, but since I rebooted the system, it has not recognised my CD-RW.

Programs such as Easy CD Creator (which worked before) now dont work :)

Is there anybody out there that could possibly give me a hand?

Its awful not having a CD-RW these days :rolleyes:

From AXCEL216's Site. If one of these two fits your situation visit the web site for the fix.

http://members.aol.com/axcel216/xp2.htm#GBYC

GET BACK YOUR CD/DVD

This is a two part BUG fix.

1. BUG:

Users of CD/DVD (re)writing software (Roxio/Adaptec Easy CD Creator + DirectCD, Ahead Nero Burning ROM etc) may bump into error messages such as "No ASPI devices installed" while using any of these utilities.

This is due to a flaw into the Adaptec ASPI Layer settings.

ASPI stands for Advanced SCSI Programming Interface, but this applies to ALL (E)IDE/ATAPI/SCSI CD-R(W)/DVD-R(W)/DVD-RAM drive owners.

2. BUG:

After installing/uninstalling Roxio (Adaptec) Easy CD Creator v5.0x, v4.0x or older and/or DirectCD v3.0x on/from your Windows NT4/2000/XP system, your CD-ROM/CD-R(W)/DVD-ROM/DVD-R(W)/DVD-RAM drives may get suddenly lost. :) The CD/DVD drive icon(s) may disappear from My Computer, Windows Explorer and any other disk/file browsing app. Also, if you try to view/open/run any CD/DVD based folder/file, you may encounter several popup messages linked to one of these error Codes: 19, 31, 32, 39 and/or 41.

Hope this helps. If not let us know :rolleyes: