[Question] Windows XP hotfixes

Tulkens

Hi,

I'm working on a Windows XP SP2 CD and try to slipstream all the updates into the CD. I installed my XP SP2 on a virtual machine, connected to Windows Update and wrote down all the updates.

I have 2 questions:

1) When I connect to the update site, I have to install the most recent Update software. After that I have to reboot and connect again to Windows Update after which I have to install 3 more updates (about Windows Installer and others). Do I need to slipstream these updates in my XP CD as well?

2) When I got to the actual hotfixes, I wrote down all the KB numbers and downloaded them. Next, I used Start > Run and integrated all the packages in my XP folder. However, I was not able to integrate 3 packages: KB890830, KB890046 and 885835. Any ideas how I have to slipstream these KB's in my installation?

Thanks in advance,

Milo Tulkens

P.S. I only discovered the unattend site yesterday and I'm loving it! Great work!

Title edited -- Please, use [TAGS] in your topic's title.

Please follow XP Forum Rules from now on.

--Sonic

I have learned that in Windows XP, not many things are impossible :)

Anyway, I downloaded 38 hotfixes and was able to integrate 35 of them, so I would be surprised if I can't integrate the last 3.

My test installation on a virtual machine is running at this moment and it's looking great