Coding of RC8 is now in progress. :)

Siginet

Sorry for the long delay everybody! But I have started coding for RC8. The process may be a slow one but coding has begun and I plan on making a bunch of changes in this one. Just thought I would notify yall! :thumbup

Added a new progressbar in the main window and removed most of the windows that pop up during pack process. Also packing seems to be 10X Faster now. :D

Still not done... but this release will be awsome. :D

OK... now I have finished getting rid of all of the window popups. Now all info stays in the main window just above the new progressbar. The only windows that pop up now are the batch files from the DriverPack batch files. Also now PowerPacker handels Hex editing all on it's own... so there is no need for XVI32.exe to do hex editing and pop up a millon windows! lol! Everything seems to be working perfectly so far and everything is so much faster it is amazing! :thumbup I think I am almost finished with all of the coding. I still am going to create a Save Settings/Load Settings area so you can easily create and use your own custom settings files. Also I want to implement an area where you can run an external file after the Packing process finishes... so that you can call other programs like The RVM Integrator, NLite, XPize, etc. That's it for now.... but you should expect a new release very soon. ;)

I've now made cdimage.exe use the progressbar as well. So now PowerPacker will show you progress while you are compiling your ISO. :)

I will also be adding mkisofs to powerpacker to replace cdimage.exe for legal resons. But you will be able to tell PowerPacker to use cdimage.exe instead of mkisofs if you point to your cdimage.exe file. ;)

Currently you can but you have to modify cdshell.ini manually afterwards. But I plan to put something together in RC8 that will allow you to add a custom menu entry with powerpacker. ;)

Thanks for the update(s) Siginet I am looking forward to be able tio use your PowerPacker...

Yet it be the first time I will use it, but I will find my way around with it, talking of the excellent experience I have with RVM Integrator ;)

Just keep us posted :)

By request I got rid of cdshell and now implemented Bootable CD Wizard instead (As requested). It is much simpler and smaller.

Also there will no longer be a need for all of the .dat files on the root of your disk.

Everything is still not finished yet... but everything is still going smoothly. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry for the long delay everybody! But I have started coding for RC8. The process may be a slow one but coding has begun and I plan on making a bunch of changes in this one. Just thought I would notify yall! :thumbup

I have been waiting for RC8 for Nlite for a while now.

Will give this a go. As it turns out, the support for x64 in nlite isn't exactly trust worthy, or up2date even.

Is powerpacker x64 friendly?

Sorry... no x64 support yet either. I plan to add that soon as well... but not in RC8.

BTW... this program doesn't do anything that NLite does. Totally different tool. ;)

Tri-Pack?

Unattended without DriverPacks could stops the use of F6 and if no driver packs are in what if some one has to use F6

you could make it so u can put two winnt.sifs in one for Unattended with Driverpacks that would have

OemPreinstall = "yes"

and one for Unattended without DriverPacks with OemPreinstall = "no"

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&sho...ndpost&p=482777

Reason being someone might use Unattended with Driverpacks for fixing a old computer that someone brings to them with no motherbord disk and no drivers.

But if someone was to build a new computer for someone the one without DriverPacks would be much quicker as they would have the new motherbord disk and drivers with it. But they might need F6

Edited by gummy2

Tri-Pack?

Unattended without DriverPacks could stops the use of F6 and if no driver packs are in what if some one has to use F6

you could make it so u can put two winnt.sifs in one for Unattended with Driverpacks that would have

OemPreinstall = "yes"

and one for Unattended without DriverPacks with OemPreinstall = "no"

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?s=&sho...ndpost&p=482777

Reason being someone might use Unattended with Driverpacks for fixing a old computer that someone brings to them with no motherbord disk and no drivers.

But if someone was to build a new computer for someone the one without DriverPacks would be much quicker as they would have the new motherbord disk and drivers with it. But they might need F6

Actually I think you can use a winnt.sif file that you made for your unattended without driverpacks.

OemPreinstall = "no"

Then when the driverpacks are installed to the other selection with driverpacks the driverpack script files will automatically add the OemPreinstall = "yes" selection to the winnt.sif.

But I am also adding the capability to create your own multiple boot options for specific boot folders utalizeing different winnt.sif files. So now it will be possible to have many different ways to install the system. ;)

Siginet, when do you plan on releasing RC8? Great tool, by the way!

Since you are making a lot of changes in this release, do you recommend repacking the whole DVD? I've made a lot of cosmetic changes to my boot menu, but I know you're implementing BCDW install of CDShell.

How are you getting rid of the .dat files?