HFAAO - Application Addon packs

Tomcat76

MrsP_Opera_Default_Browser_Addon_v8.54.cab

to

Opera854.cab

Just kind of wordy, don't ya think?

BTW, copied fine but haven't tested it yet. Don't know about this yet-

-Opera - installed junk links to c:\ and the quicklaunch was in the wrong folder (c:\microsoft\...)

Working on another problem.....oooo can't wait to get into trouble with codecs and drivers :)

hi squeeto!

just don't rename the add-ons ...

i'm not saying that you can't because apparently it works ... have tried it a couple of times ...

but personally, i wouldn't ... the very least we could do for using their packs is to just leave their names on it ... ;)

with the increasing number of addons out there, at least it would be easier to identify when we need to search for it again

Edited by Kiki Burgh

• 3 years later...

hi! i am inclined to believe that my concern about blank entries in Windows Components (as may be seen from the attached image below) are caused by addons in my HFAAO (unless i get feedback it could be something else) (i could list the addons i use if needed) ... i'm seeking your feedback about how to identify which could have caused such ... what would be the best way to do this (i.e., what specifically in addon .ini/.inf i need to pay attention to or which i386 files i should check, etc.)? how to remedy this? appreciate the help. cheers!

post-84520-1264486402_thumb.jpg

Those entries most likely stem from AAOs. I don't use AAOs and I don't have blank entries. If the blank entries bug you, may I suggest to either not use them, manually edit the hfslipwu.inf file, or use a hfsip_post_xxx.cmd file that automates it. I don't plan on modding the script to remedy this.

Those entries most likely stem from AAOs. I don't use AAOs and I don't have blank entries. If the blank entries bug you, may I suggest to either not use them, manually edit the hfslipwu.inf file, or use a hfsip_post_xxx.cmd file that automates it. I don't plan on modding the script to remedy this.
hi tp! just like what i posted, i'm inclined to believe twas the addons causing the blank entries ... & i use HFSLIP_POST_getnewfiles_v3.cmd too ... even asked if there could be something like XPSP2.EXT for sp3 in HFCLEANUP (remember? ;) & i know you already answered this for me last time) ... there could a bit of misunderstanding here but i didn't request (or even demanded) for changes be made to the script (i hope i didn't send the wrong message) ... i was only asking for ideas for ways to identify which culprits could be causing such (i.e., like which particular entry in an addon i should pay attention to) ... for whatever it's worth, please know i am & have been very thankful for HFSLIP. cheers! Edited by Kiki Burgh

only asking for ideas for ways to identify which culprits could be causing such (i.e., like which particular entry in an addon i should pay attention to) ...
U can open up your sysoc.inf on a hfslip-installed PC and look at the [Components] section's entry.

One of those entries could be the one you are trying to hunt down.

You can comment out the entry and recheck the listing again by closing and re-clicking Add/Remove Windows Components button.

Eg. to remove the old IE6 Icon listed in Windows Compenents, the entry is

IEAccess=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,ieaccess.inf,,7

Just comment out the line to confirm, like below

;IEAccess=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,ieaccess.inf,,7

please know i am & have been very thankful for HFSLIP. cheers!
Me too.:)