How do I burn an ISO to DVD+RW w/NERO

BaTLeZone

With all the new updates and the desire to auto install programs too my ISO has gotten to big for a CDRW now. I have tried to burn it to a DVD+RW but nero express keeps spitting out the cd and telling me to insert a CDR or a CDRW. Why???? I have made shure I chose the bruner in DVD mode but still no go. What could I be doing wrong?

:no:

From personal experience, Nero won't allow you to burn an image to DVD unless it really does exceed the size of a CD. I haven't ever bothered to try to find a workaround and I don't use Express.

One workaround I can think of...try to put some "filler" files on the disk to boost the size of your ISO well over the CD limit.

1. Right-click on image (.iso)

2. Select "Open With"

3. Choose "Select program a list"

4.. Highlight "Nero Burning Rom" in list or if not llisted use the "Browse" button to seatch for "nero.exe" in program files\Ahead\Nero

5. Then click "OK"

6. Nero will start

7. Click "Burn" button

8. Wait Till burn process finishes.....

9. Click "OK" button

10. Your Done!

• 1 month later...

This is the same issue I am having. The size of my ISO is 903,639,040 bytes so that should be well above the size of any CD. However, Nero Burnign ROM tells me that I have the wrong type of disk in the drive when I put a blank CD in.

Could be that you have forgotten to select DVD as the media type in the new compilation dialog - There is a drop down at the top left of the dialog above the compilation type list - from here you must explicitly select DVD before you can burn a DVD (This is for nero - not express)

post-16696-1144838247_thumb.jpg

Edited by kenb

• 2 months later...

"CDTYPE=DVD" ... What was I thinking ... Should have been something like MEDIA=DVD ...

That switch only tells XPCREATE which burning software to use: either CDBURN, or DVDBURN, both courtesy of Microsoft. There is, however, NO DIFFERENCE in the way the ISO is created. I do believe the key for NERO is selecting DVD from the list as mentioned above.

I suppose I will consider adding a MAKEISO, MAKECD and MAKEDVD script to allow these tasks to be performed individually.

This is the Configuration settings for my DVD-R disc i burned. If you are trying to burn a DVD+R/RW you need to edit it to write it for it. NERO automaticly sets the burn for DVD media if you have the ISO written for it. To enable Plus R media edit the line with the arrows pointing at it.

[XPCREATE]

BOOTIMGFILE=BOOT\XPCTBOOT.BIN

CDBURNER=

CDERASE=NO

CDLABEL=WXPFPP_EN

CDSPEED=12

CDTYPE=DVD

COPYSOURCE=NO

DELISOS=NO

DELROOT=YES

DELTEMP=YES

DOCABS=YES

DOCD=YES

DOISO=YES

DOPATH=NO

DOSATA=YES

DOSVCPACK=YES

DRIVERDIR=$OEM$\$1\DRIVERS

DVDPLUS=NO <---------<<---------<<---------<<---------<<---------<<---------< - YES

EXITQUIET=NO

OVERWRITEOEM=YES

QLOG=

RENAMEF=YES

SILENTINSTALL=YES

SLIPHF1=YES

SLIPHF2=YES

SLIPMDC=YES

SLIPSPK=YES

STARTSWITCH=/WAIT /MIN

USERFILESCD=

USERWINLANG=

XPISO=XPCREATE.ISO

XPSOURCE=CDSOURCE

Thanks for all your help. I have it working at lease for the 1st few trys but now it won't auto install and I have the winsif file in place. I am going to scrap it and try again with the new version now and see how it goes.

Edited by BaTLeZone

• 2 years later...
1. Right-click on image (.iso)

2. Select "Open With"

3. Choose "Select program a list"

4.. Highlight "Nero Burning Rom" in list or if not llisted use the "Browse" button to seatch for "nero.exe" in program files\Ahead\Nero

5. Then click "OK"

6. Nero will start

7. Click "Burn" button

8. Wait Till burn process finishes.....

9. Click "OK" button

10. Your Done!

ironside, from down under in New Zealand, we THANK YOU! Gold medal goes to ironside, for simple, clear, concise, accurate instructions. My 3Gb .iso History Channel vid never looked so good. Keep up the great work! ;)