Auto update office via group policy

eyeball

thanks, i was afraid someone was going to say that lol

the paticular client im looking at this for doesnt have a spare server for wsus so thats not an option, guess they will have to put up with manual updates

thank you for your time :)

EDIT: just had a thought does anyone have a list of all of the office 2003 updates that have been released?

thanks again

Edited by eyeball

There's only been two critical updates since 2003 SP2...and one only applies to the Korean language version. Those are MS06-003 and MS06-009. On top of that you have the monthly Outlook Junk Email Filter Update...for which you only need the most current release.

The easiest way to find updates for a given product is to use the TechNet Security site. For instance, to find the latest updates for Office 2003 SP2 select Office 2003 from the Product / Technology: drop down, then select Office 2003 SP2 from the Service Pack: drop down. Hit the Go button and it'll show you everything that applies to Office 2003 SP2.

I have to agree with jondercik though...WSUS with Automatic Updates configured via GPO would be the best option. How many workstations are you talking about?

they only have around 10 workstations so its no problem, just the director there was "under the impression" that office updates itself and to keep him sweet i was gonna find a way to make this so.

wsus is definatly the best option as iv seen it work wonders at a client with about 100 pc's only one had a problem, but in this case its just not practical.

thanks for the help i will definatly check out technet :)