AlmondScar

Do you like Harry Potter?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Harry Potter?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Who died?

Yeah, a book IS a book and I'd say some of the content is too complicated even for my 9 yo sis to understand. And I know who dies, I think most people have found even by now by flicking thru the book......why or why is it them??? They're too nice!!! :cry:

i hope to god all you harry pothead fans are 12 year olds.
then i think they need to grow up.

its not called a childrens book for nothing.

hrm, weird that u think its a book just for children when they have released the same book with a different cover especially for the older readers. :)

I agree. They're exceptionally well-written (although I'm just starting the first one). My girlfriend has read all of them, and so has a 27-year-old friend of mine. I'm 23 myself, and yes, at first I had to be dragged in to see the Sorcerer's Stone, but after that, I found the stories to be marvelous yarns that are worth noting. J.K. Rowling's work shows that she's one of the most innovative writers since Tolkein.

that's the philosophers stone................

It was called "Sorcerer's Stone" here in the US. I know, I know. It's silly. But I guess it was just an administrative decision on the publisher's part. By the way, can you PM me who dies? My friends won't let me borrow the book until they are done.

that's the philosophers stone................

It was called "Sorcerer's Stone" here in the US. I know, I know. It's silly. But I guess it was just an administrative decision on the publisher's part. By the way, can you PM me who dies? My friends won't let me borrow the book until they are done.

yeah the americians had a problem so they needed to rename it... surprised it wasn't "harry potter and the guy thats quite smarts stone" :)

harry potter is a story created for children to be read by children. a cover doesnt make it more "adult" or more interesting for that matter its the same book inside the cover.

stop being caught up the the "hype" generated by small children and read books that will expand your knowledge, challenge your mind and not make you dumber.

a small amount of time and I read 150 pages, I aint gonna have anything 2 read on holiday! I was supposed to save it but I got like 2 weeks 2 go til then and I just couldnt w8!meh!

hehe looks like u will hav to put up with harry potter books shaft :)

This HP book isnt exactly for 12 year olds...way too complex! And I mean it! All this rubbish bout the ministry of magic..I'll not give it away :) I'm lost. 100 more pages to go, but now I've set the book somehwere and I'm hoping my dog hasn't found it...:cry:

I don't read. I haven't since pre-school. I just watch movies. So when the book comes out in a movie I'll watch it then. :)  :rolleyes:  :D

lol same here, i dont have the imagination to read books i get bored so i will see the movie when it comes out in about 3 years time or summat lol

harry potter is a story created for children to be read by children. a cover doesnt make it more "adult" or more interesting for that matter its the same book inside the cover.

stop being caught up the the "hype" generated by small children and read books that will expand your knowledge, challenge your mind and not make you dumber.

:) how can reading make u dumber, its not just a worldwide seller for nothing :/

I do read books other than harry potter. I love reading, books change your life, and you see it through others peoples wishes, emotions and actions... I love Nicholas Evans, he researches his books so well. I cried at the end of the Smoke Jumper. I also liked Kate Atkinson's "Behind the Scenes at the Museum" and Andrew Cowan's "Pig" so before you judge Harry Potter don't say "It's juvenile"...nobody wants to read really serious books all the time