AlmondScar

Do you like Harry Potter?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Harry Potter?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Who died?

Rowling's work shows that she's one of the most innovative writers since Tolkein.

Rowling's stories are good without question but many others span the period between Tolkien and her. Check out The Chronicles of Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever by Stephen R. Donaldson.

Rowling has definitely passed him up, even.  If he were alive today, she could probably outwrite him as well.  And probably beat him in armwrestling, too.    Tolkein was just a hack anyway.  He only managed to write one character well.

Rowling has her own purpose with her books but also read up on what lies behind the Tolkien books. Their meaning goes far beyond a fantasy story. Writers like Tolkien are the reason writers like Rowling exist.

Rowling has definitely passed him up, even.  If he were alive today, she could probably outwrite him as well.  And probably beat him in armwrestling, too.    Tolkein was just a hack anyway.  He only managed to write one character well.

Rowling has her own purpose with her books but also read up on what lies behind the Tolkien books. Their meaning goes far beyond a fantasy story. Writers like Tolkien are the reason writers like Rowling exist.

:)

Rowling is still better than JRR, JRR's books, well, theyre not gripping, no big advernture, i was milding interested with the hobbit, but that was it.

To each their own. I grew up on Tolkien. I'm not putting down Rowlings, mind you :)