AlmondScar

Do you like Harry Potter?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Harry Potter?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe
    • Who died?

J.K. Rowling's work shows that she's one of the most innovative writers since Tolkein.

NO NO NO NO

Im sorry you cant just plain lie like that.

There is no way EVER that J.R Spamalot will EVER be even in the same class as tolkein, let alone better than him.

Dont get me started, im warning you right now. :)

and as a side note, i opened the grownups pages today (the newspaper for you younguns) and what do i see, reviews of harry pothead.....from four twleve year olds.

I thought to myself, how ironic, young people reviewing a childrens book, that is rather odd isnt it?

(note the sarcasm)

J.K. Rowling's work shows that she's one of the most innovative writers since Tolkein.

NO NO NO NO

There is no way EVER that J.R Spamalot will EVER be even in the same class as tolkein, let alone better than him.

And look--J.R.R. Tolkein, J.K. Rowling. Their names even resemble each other. Definitely a match! I think J.K. Rowling has definitely passed him up, even. If he were alive today, she could probably outwrite him as well. And probably beat him in armwrestling, too. Tolkein was just a hack anyway. He only managed to write one character well. J.K. Rowling, on the other hand, teaches valuable lessons about life through her personality-rich characters and, at the same time, interests children in the occult. Very unique!

i think harry potter books are really good, i read only 1-3 books, and i can say they only get better.

but you deffinetly cannot compare them to Tolkein!!!! :)

btw, have to add, ive seen the first Harry Potter movie recently, and a think the movie was really bad, makes a really bad impression for people that never read the book.

Due to tremendous pressure from hordes of MSFN members (Shaft) I am officially changing my stance on J.K. Rowling. She has been downgraded from the status of "Equal" with J.R.R. Tolkein and will take her place alongside C.S. Lewis as "Almost Tolkein". Surely, she is a talented writer, but John Ronald Ruel Tolkein would easily defeat her in both writing AND armwrestling were he alive today. C.S. Lewis, on the other hand, has assumed room temperature, so we can only speculate as to his armwrestling skills versus an obviously talented Rowling.

NO NO NO NO

And look--J.R.R. Tolkein, J.K. Rowling. Their names even resemble each other. Definitely a match! I think J.K. Rowling has definitely passed him up, even. If he were alive today, she could probably outwrite him as well. And probably beat him in armwrestling, too. Tolkein was just a hack anyway. He only managed to write one character well. J.K. Rowling, on the other hand, teaches valuable lessons about life through her personality-rich characters and, at the same time, interests children in the occult. Very unique!

I am forever grateful to you C-Girl for not spoiling the surprise. :rolleyes:

The reason you started the thread might be because you are a nice person who wished to share in the excitement of a book you found interesting with our mutual friends.

Cheers :)

From where im from no1 reads :D me neather :D i dont like reading unless it has 2 do with sumthin i need 2 no about like reading stuff like u know what i mean stuff. :) and i h8 harry potter with a pashion i dont know y but i do :rolleyes: i thought the movie was histaricle cuz its so messed up with the really bad acting :rolleyes::D:D but the koolest movie ever made is... Jesus christ super star THATS CRAZY!!! hippies come flying out of a car and start acting pretending there jesus and stuff thats crazy :rolleyes::rolleyes::D we watched it in skool and every1 was laughing there a**'s off cuz its so dum