Windows Live Messenger 8.0.556

alsiladka

Source

An updated version of Windows Live Messenger will be released to all current WLM beta users.

Windows Live Messenger 8.0.556 - Feature list.

Note - Screenshots are available at source.

New Functionality

• See that transfer status of the files you're sharing in your Sharing Folders.
  • Get your File/Edit/Actions/Tools/Help menus by clicking the arrow next to "minimize" in the main window/conversation window
  • Colorization colors the whole main window, not just the header
  • Scrolling on the emoticon/nudge/wink tool bar. If you keep your window small, you can still get to everything. Oh. We reordered them too so it looks cleaner
  • heart.gifUsers in English-speaking markets - link to This Blog! from the "Help" Menu.
  • Contact sorting back to the way you said you liked it alphabetical instead of by status.
  • Sharing Folders are AWESOME but sometimes you just want to send over one file. Pick your prefered method of file transfer from the sharing button.
  • Way improved "Add a Contact" Dialogue.

Realignment

• Left-aligned your display picture (version 522 had it on the right)
  • Slid the ink and handwriting tab over to the right of the conversation window

New Icons

• Buddy List view (where you sort, or chose to show more details)
  • The Windows Live Messenger Beta logo at the top
  • Search button at the very bottom.
  • Brought back status icons so you can tell "busy" v. "away" If you think it looks outdated – we agree – we're working on icons that are both good lookng AND show "busy" v. "away"

Eliminate Waste (of space)

• Contacts are closer together so you can fit more in your window
  • The ME area above your contacts is smaller to make more room for you contact list
  • Tightened up the space between the display pictures in the conversation window
  • Removal of Text in several places:
  • "Search" on the search box in the main window
  • Names of buttons in the conversation window
  • "Send" & "Search" are now both smaller and moved inside the text entry box
  • Turn off your tabs in Tools-->Options-->Tabs
Has not been released yet . Seems to be the "one step Over 562 " refresh. Let us see what have to got for us now ;)

according to this

Feb 28th! 2006

An updated version of Windows Live Messenger will be released to all current WLM beta users. If you're not a beta user but want to be, sign up on our short wait list at http://ideas.live.com.

it will be releced today! :thumbup but i'm still waiting :}

[EDIT] receved the update!

Edited by wolf74481

Wow they reverted to a look almost reminicent of Windows Messenger V5. I like it. But still I'll be happier once A-Patch updates to support this version. Why do all of these IM people insist on cramming so much crap into the interface? These people could all learn a thing or two from Bitwise.

Am updatind it right now too !!!Will post how it is later on :)
no need!
  • The old windows live messenger had a more "rounded interface". This one is more "boxy" or "square" (if that make any sense :lol: )
  • Then menu-bar is now disabled by default now and the old icons are back for the statuses. Except the offline image is now gray instead of red.
  • The display pictures are considerably bigger than they were before in the contact list when displaying details
  • The black picture msn guy has changed, but i think it just looks weird
  • Your personal display at the top of the contact list is considerably smaller
  • The notification windows are smaller and the picture had been removed from contact ones
  • You cannot customize contact window color anymore
  • Windows live contactshave been added
  • A search the web bar has been added to the bottom of the messenger contact window
  • MOST IMPORTANT ONE!: Some Messenger plus features work with this build of messenger!

Edited by wolf74481

whenever i m tryin to update it is giving error in between...

does it have any direct link 2 download ..?

If you had used A-Patch Before , restore it.

Try again .

no need!

The old windows live messenger had a more "rounded interface".

This one is more "boxy" or "square" (if that make any sense )

Then menu-bar is now disabled by default now and the old icons are back for the statuses.

Except the offline image is now gray instead of red.

The display pictures are considerably bigger than they were before in the contact list when displaying details

The black picture msn guy has changed, but i think it just looks weird

Your personal display at the top of the contact list is considerably smaller

The notification windows are smaller and the picture had been removed from contact ones

You cannot customize contact window color anymore

Windows live contactshave been added

A search the web bar has been added to the bottom of the messenger contact window

MOST IMPORTANT ONE!: Some Messenger plus features work with this build of messenger!

In short , to sum it up , - IT IS FAR BETTER THAN THE PREVIOUS VERSIONS!!!!

I have already started to like it :)

Seems a lot smoother than the previous version - and at last the big fat ugly default orange bar from the top is gone.

Video Carousel now works for me.

Renaming Contacts works without having to shut MSN totally.

In short - it seems the MSN team have listened, and are delivering.

My faith in the next version of Messenger is slowly being restored - though I'll still be A-patching it.

i kinda liked the look on a previous version i had downloaded (but i had no invitation so i coulndt use it :P) with green + grey + orange :P

the icon on the taskbar and shortcut was green too, i liked that also (i always hated msn icons, i use TRILLIAN, but i was told msn 8 had options to modify the skinn and i wanted to try it, but i see no skin option (other than the littel option to change colors).

pd: the ADDS (publicity) are not nice :(

Edited by Sesshoumaru