Introducing support for update/addon packs

Tomcat76

*** This thread is now obsolete. Please check the HFAAO thread. ***

This was started with version 60224, but was enhanced in version 60225. HFSLIP now supports update packs and addon packs in CAB format that follow the "nLite standard". Both "svcpack" packages and "sysoc" packages are supported.

Create a new folder called "HFUPACKS" (this may still change) in the HFSLIP folder and place the update packages in there.

Bugs should be expected, but most should've been cleared out by now.

Please post your comments here...

Edited by Tomcat76

Try here. One of the stickies has what looks like over a hundred programs in it, all integratable. In nLite, they are integrated as "hotfixes" until a separate program integration section gets added in the future.

For HFSLIP, I gather you just stick them in your own created HFUPACKS folder.

The link in Kramy's post is for the "svcpack" types. The "sysoc" types can for example be found on the RVM forums.

There is actually a third type that's supported too, but I noticed a bug with this last night. It concerns the types which simply replace existing files (ie, there are no entries for txtsetup.sif, dosnet.inf, sysoc.inf or svcpack.inf). When you include one (or more) of these and HFSLIP processes a sysoc type package afterwards, things will get screwed up. The newer version is ready and will be released soon.

Edited by Tomcat76

You can fetch the latest beta here:

http://users.telenet.be/tc76/hfslip/HFSLIP_60228-beta2.7z

It's compressed in 7-zip format so use an extractor that supports it (7-zip, WinRAR, etc.).

NOTE: As of this beta, the folder in which the application addon packs are to be placed should be called "HFAAO" instead of "HFUPACKS".

Note #2: This beta only fixes problems with the integration of addon packs. No need to download this if you don't use addon packs.

Edited by Tomcat76

Is there something I should do differently?

No, not at all. I had just spent quite a bit of time researching different methods of integrating codecs into an HFSLIP build. My research was nearly complete until I saw this post offering addon support...and some of the addons available are codec packs :)

Change in 60228-beta2 (see few posts above)....

Quite a few of the pre-made CABs were made to be compatible with WinXP and Win2K3 only even if the included program also works on Win2K. HFSLIP now properly parses these CABs to make them compatible with Win2K too, so include them at will. :)