XPCreate - Does anyone actually use it?

Simple question really. I'm curious as to what people use to put their hotfixes into their source. I've only been doing this for a few weeks now, and I'm using XPCreate to do all my updates. Now, I know that since I'm not using the /integrate switch for my hotfixes that ultimately my install will take longer. But that doesn't bother me, since my main goal is to be able to stick the DVD in, choose the partition to install on, then be able to go do something else whilst the PC sets itself up instead of having to baby it ^^

I tried HFSlip for a while, but didn't really like it that much (don't remember why exactly), then stumbled across XPCreate. Now, when new hotfixes are made available, I just download them, rebuild my DVD, then everything is ready.

I've never tried nLite (mainly because my current setup refuses to install .NET and I haven't reformatted yet cause I want to use my DVD to do it ^^), so haven't had any experience with it. But what do people use to update their source? And how many actually do it manually? ^^

Hi Drusenija,

I am using XPCREATE now for quite some time and created XP, 2000 and 2003 server cd's with all updates included. Well not all because some hotfixes will not work this way. Therefore I use the runonceex or quirunonce method. I am also doing this for work so it is a very good tool to use. At the moment I am creating a dutch XP version with all updates for someone.

Greetings,

Bitfrotter

... He lives!

Yeah, had to get out of hibernation in time for spring training! A couple of weeks working out, and I should be back in shape to actually post something of value!

I would like to announce that I have "sold" two commercial licenses of XPCREATE to forum members, who use it for thier work. (Anyone else care to step forward during this period of amnesty?) Both members made 50 Euro contributions, one contribution to MSFN to get me that pretty little thing below my avatar, and the other to Bart, of BartPE fame, to allow the distribution of BBIE with XPCREATE.

As for XPCREATE, and without meaning to belittle anyone else's thoughts, code or methods, it does remain the only Slipstreamer that conforms to Microsoft standards. If I were not concerned about breaking their warranty, and was short on eiither CD space, or time, I would probably do something along the lines of RyanVM's method, or merge all the hotfixes a la Hotfix Rollup. However, that is much to much work for me, and with XPCREATE I do not need to delve into the workings of each hotfix to add the ability to slipstream, or integrate if you so prefer, it into my Distribution Source.

Now, a couple more days of GreenMachine Being Manny, and then back to work ... perhaps!

... So, you like your team's chances this year, do you? Ain't Johnny looking nice in those new stripes? ;)

So, you wanna get me going?

Well, much as I loved Johnny in 2004, I think he has shown his true colors, and I, for one, embrace Coco Crisp with open arms. I mean, with a name like that, how can you not like the guy. Johnny jumped ship for what will be less than 6 million net over 3 years. (OK, to me and you that may seem like real money, but in this case it is only a few percentage points.) His beard and hair were a big part of his Spiel, but look at how quick he let them go. In terms of intelligence, I rate him somewhere behind a half drunk David Wells. In terms of integrity, somewhere behind a Pedro Martinez. Remember, this is a guy who considers himself an id***, and boasts of his own infidelity and adultry in his book. (Let me know, Michelle, if you want my phone number.) So, let him go put on his Gucci suit, and play alongside the likes of Pay-Rod, and that oh so lovable Sheffield ...

Our chances this year? We could have seven top notch starters. Timlin is excellent. If Foulke comes back around, and Taverez is anything like what he has been before, we might not even have room for the superb prospects we are trying to bring up. And if Manny stays Manny, and Big Papi continues to shine, how can you not like our chances. But, in Red Sox Nation, it is not all about winning World Series (obviously ... ). Go down to Fenway Park, take in a game, and just soak it up. If things don't work out ... we still have the Pats in October!

And, just to keep this post on topic ... It does not look like a Rollup will be out before SP3, which will certainly not be out before Vista. Sure you don't wanna make one?