ActiveX Web Install

FrankE9999

Under Windows XP SP2 I am having a problem installing activex controls from web pages. The basic problem is that a user needs administrator rights to install the control but once installed anyone can use them.

I would like to be able to pre install the activex controls from the command line instead of having to go to each systems and open the web page to download and install the control. I was able to download the cab files and extract the content but not sure what to do next.

I tried using rundll32 and the inf file extracted from the cab file but no luck. I also tried to copying the files to the C:\WINNT\Downloaded Program Files folder and registering them.

You may be able to run them using the runas /user:administrator "program.exe" command.

How to get rid of asking for "input user password" so as to install silently without user interruption?

Edited by cwyhk

The above site say "you need to subscribe to view this solution", but i don't want!
True, but I've often found the comments on experts-exchange.com to be sufficient to answer my questions. Just scroll way down. Those comments don't require subscribing.

I'm not sure if the comments on that post answer the question posed here answer, but there is a script there.

I would have thought that a simple "one liner" at the command prompt would have solved this issue. I want to do the same thing and would like to know what ultimately works. I get the cab url from "view source"; download it; extract it; then don't know what to do.

Edited by JoeMSFN

The above site say "you need to subscribe to view this solution", but i don't want!

Just scroll down.

True, but I've often found the comments on experts-exchange.com to be sufficient to answer my questions.

Just scroll way down. Those comments don't require subscribing.

I'm not sure if the comments on that post answer the question posed here answer, but there is a script there.

I would have thought that a simple "one liner" at the command prompt would have solved this issue. I want to do the same thing and would like to know what ultimately works. I get the cab url from "view source"; download it; extract it; then don't know what to do.

Yup.

Edited by m3n70r