[Question] "Play all" shortcut doesn't work anymore

Anusha

The 'Play All' shortcut you find under My Music folder's Music Tasks doesn't work properly after installing JetAudio 6. When I click the shortcut, all that happens is WMP playing only the first music track in the lot. I can fix it by removing JetAudio, but I need it too. Is there a way to fix this issue without uninstalling JetAudio? Your help is very much appreciated...

Title edited -- Please, use [TAGS] in your topic's title.

Follow new rules

--Sonic

Edited by Sonic

None of the media files are associated with JetAudio. All play on WMP10 upon double clicking on them. I'm using JetAudio solely because it allows to convert between audio formats from the shell (right click a file and jetAudio-->Convert With jetAudio). That's all I need it for. If you can atleast suggest another program that would add shell support like that, then I can remove jetAudio and the problem will go away.

Thanks anyway m3n70r.

P.S.

I also remember such a thing happened with Avast Antivirus. Can't remember the exact version though. Then it affected a shortcut in My Pictures folder.

I don't actually have a 'Play All' option. You could try installing Winamp. :> Winamp gives a 'Play in Winamp' option & 'Enqueue in Winamp' on right-click and I have a seperate Play in Media Player option but I don't play music in Media Player. Ick. I'm sure you have your reasons though. The media library in Winamp is very powerful if you have the proper tags on your mp3 files.

I used to use dBpowerAMP for shell conversions until the MP3 plugin went to 30-day trial but that program supports many formats including Real Audio. If you want to buy something easy I suggest dBpowerAMP for free and just buy the MP3 plugin. You may not care because MP3 encoding isn't free in Jet Audio either.

These days I create WAV files through Winamp and use CDex to reencode to MP3. Which formats are you converting? If it plays in Winamp, Winamp will make a WAV file out of it. Once you set Winamp to the Disk Writer Plug-in, when you launch any audio files into Winamp the OGG or MP3 or whatever gets converted to WAV. There are other plugins for reencoding to other formats but I haven't used any. Anyway Winamp is my suggestion. Then rencode all at once in CDex. All free that way.

Yeah go Winamp. :P

Who said I have Winamp? I don't - and I hate it. Don't ask why, though.

Of course I have faster ways than what you have mentioned. I have Advanced WMA Workshop 2. It does a good job. But it doesn't support conversion from the shell. I want to convert files faster than that (not the processing time) and easier.

Anyway, thanks for your help. I'll check out dbPowerAmp.

P.S.

The "Play All" short cut I was referring to is in the side panel under Audio Tasks - not right click menu.

Thanks. I'm looking into it.

However, I think I need tio have a program that supports commandline inputs to get my job done because I just don't want to open the program, but input the files and then convert.