My sig

Hydrox

5. Images in signatures shall NOT exceed a total of 300x100 and 80kb. Flash and animated sigs are not permitted. You can enter max 4 lines of text in signature or signature image. Advertising and/or affiliates are not allowed in signatures nor avatars. Avatars are to be a maximum of 100x100 pixels. If your avatar or signature goes above these guidelines they will be taken off without notice. Any signatures found to be attached to a thread and used as a signature host is not allowed on MSFN and will be removed. Members with slow connection can disable other members signatures when reading posts by going to: My Control - Options - Board Settings.

• 5 months later...
Flash and animated sigs are not permitted

I knew about the size, but do not understand why not animated.

my guess would be for slower computers, ill be honest my laptop chokes when animated pictures (gifs/swfs) come up. :blushing:

How come animated avas are permited but not sigs?

And why is there an animated sig tutorial?

Isint that like an Oxymoron or something?

thats a dynamic sig though, animated and dynamic are different. dynamic gets information and shows it as text, animated is well.. animated. i hope thats what the guys at msfn mean, if not please correct me :blushing:

hope that helps you out there though ricktendo :)

How come animated avas are permited but not sigs?

And why is there an animated sig tutorial?

Isint that like an Oxymoron or something?

Quick Google definitions:

Dynamic

Refers to actions that take place at the moment they are needed rather than in advance. Dynamic content refers to content that exists in a Database on the web Server that is pulled or placed on the page a User is currently viewing.
Animated
made to appear to move as living creatures do

Dynamic signatures are allowed because they are still images. ;)