[discontinued] Winamp AudioPlayer

Shark007

• 2 weeks later...

Firstly Nice work shark! :thumbup Also (off topic) your codec pack really rocks!

I've come to the conclusion that so mant people have different views as to what would make a 'perfect' winamp(audio only) installation that i am considering producing several(2or3) releases for the 5.25 final. Keep the suggestions coming and most likely when it goes final, you'll each have a flavor customized just for you.

shark

Personally I use Winamp for everything except DVD and (obviously) streaming media inside browser windows.

So is it possible to do a Wnamp (audio&video) installation? I'd be happy with your installer as-is but with all the video options (ie 'video file support') checked (well 'associate with video files' would be good too!) Although I must admit that I sometimes use Winamp for ripping so 'sonic ripping/burning support' and 'cbdb for recognizing CDs' would be handy too.

But hey if thats outside your scope then perhaps you could provide those of us who are keen, with some info so that we can customise our own setup? Hey that'd save you the hassle of producing numerous versions too.

Regardless cheers for your efforts so far! :yes:

Edited by JedMeister

Firstly Nice work shark! :thumbup Also (off topic) your codec pack really rocks!
Thank you :thumbup
Personally I use Winamp for everything except DVD and (obviously) streaming media inside browser windows.

So is it possible to do a Wnamp (audio&video) installation? I'd be happy with your installer as-is but with all the video options (ie 'video file support') checked (well 'associate with video files' would be good too!) Although I must admit that I sometimes use Winamp for ripping so 'sonic ripping/burning support' and 'cbdb for recognizing CDs' would be handy too.

But hey if thats outside your scope then perhaps you could provide those of us who are keen, with some info so that we can customise our own setup? Hey that'd save you the hassle of producing numerous versions too.

Regardless cheers for your efforts so far! :yes:

Thank you again. This release is AUDIO ONLY and is for people using something other than winamp to play video files. I think you can use the original downloaded installer from Nullsoft with /S for an unattended switch. the 'S' must be in CAPS.
Just wanted to give a thanks for all your hard work on these installers. I'm sure the majority feels the same.

Keep up the good work.

You're welcome. Receiving acknowledgement in the form of a simple 'Thanks' is very appreciated. Thank you for taking the time to post.

new BETA = new update - v5.2.5.868 is available.

shark

Edited by Shark007

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
wish the winamp will open the mp3 by default and not Enqueue

although can be fix by registry

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Winamp.File\shell]

@="Play"

incase who want to make winamp to play instead of enqueue in playlist....

You can have it the way you like by repackaging it.

Set it up exactly as you like it, then copy the winamp.ini file from your personal setup to the installer.

for the winamp library, copy gen_ml.ini from the plugins directory.

repackage it, and it should be as you left it.

shark

UPDATED - Check the MD5

24 hours after releasing winamp 5.3 the developers released updates. I included them.

Updates include these 2 posts by the moderators @ the winamp forums after the 5.3 release

There is now a fixed ml_local.dll available separately, which fixes a couple of bugs.

and also this ADDON package posted by the moderators @ winamp forums POSTED

flac codecs are now included.

shark

Edited by Shark007

wish the winamp will open the mp3 by default and not Enqueue

although can be fix by registry

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Winamp.File\shell]

@="Play"

incase who want to make winamp to play instead of enqueue in playlist....

You can have it the way you like by repackaging it.

Set it up exactly as you like it, then copy the winamp.ini file from your personal setup to the installer.

for the winamp library, copy gen_ml.ini from the plugins directory.

repackage it, and it should be as you left it.

shark

already tested to do it... but those registry key must be inside msi... @@"

nevermind i just patch the registry after installation...

why? because i remove all enqueue at my menu ... lol

same software different kind user taste ... human =.=