Can't delete a post?

KRH

Today, I inadvertently posted 2 new topics in the wrong forum. When I realized it, I wanted to delete them so that I could repost in the right place, but I could find no way to do so. Now, I don't what to do--whether to go ahead and repost (double-post!)or just sit and sweat it out until somebody gives me hell for using the wrong forum. I guess that's probably what I'll do. Is there no way to delete a post?

You can also click the report post button (not sure if you can do that with your own posts though) and write that you would like it to be deleted ;)

Edit: yes, seems you can report your own posts :)

Edited by Martijn

You can also click the report post button (not sure if you can do that with your own posts though) and write that you would like it to be deleted.

Edit: yes, seems you can report your own posts.

This post has been edited by Martijn: Today, 11:01 AM

OK. I've already edited my posts by simply erasing the text and replacing it with "delete", but I'll remember that for the future (hopefully, I won't need to do it again). Thanks.

edit: I went ahead and followed your procedure, too, just to make it easier on everyone. Thanks again.

Edited by KRH

Posts removed

Thanks. Unfortunately, after I did that, I realized that I had been in the proper forum originally, after all, and reposted in the wrong one, so I had to do it all over again. Sorry about the merry-go-round ride.

One of the greatest drawbacks of this forum is that you can't delete your own posts. Also you cannot lock your own threads. Common sense goes a long way and apparently this forum is designed to overwork the mods/admins with some sort of psychological warfare. :blink:

NOTE: I have been warned for badmouthing vB before. IPB and all the other forum designs are great and the faults usually have to do with these different forum structures. Caveat hacks and optimized code make forums fun.

Edited by Daemonforce

One of the greatest drawbacks of this forum is that you can't delete your own posts. Also you cannot lock your own threads. Common sense goes a long way and apparently this forum is designed to overwork the mods/admins with some sort of psychological warfare. :blink:
Members are members. They do not have any control when it comes to moderating or administering the forums. There are several ways that users can notify the moderating team if anything comes up. The 20 or so of us live around the world, so chances are that you'll find one of us online at least once an hour.
NOTE: I have been warned for badmouthing vB before. IPB and all the other forum designs are great and the faults usually have to do with these different forum structures. Caveat hacks and optimized code make forums fun.
Caveat hacks and optimized code also makes maintaining and updating the forums a pain in the butt. :}

Just had to comment on this...

In regards to a SMod being online at any point...I tend to come to the forum frequently, however there are days that I don't make it. That being said, whenever I recieve a reported post, I do go and look as soon as I get the mail (which go out about every 10 minutes or less depending on size of mail queue). I do ignore a couple reported posts simply because .... well .... some are just people who don't know the difference between the REPORT and the REPLY features. Those are usually fairly obvious of which they are. In the end, a PM also sends out a eMail to myself and I try my best to respond to all that I recieve.