Media Player Classic 6.4.9.1

PROBLEMCHYLD

How do I play this format H264.MP4 in Media Player Classic 6.4.9.1.

I don't want to install a bunch of codec packages and a million files just to watch a movie.

Use MPC's internal filter for MP4. The external Gabest direct show filter for MP4 is supposed to be the same as the internal filter. However, I haven't been able to get the external filter to work, even in MPC.

How do I play this format H264.MP4 in Media Player Classic 6.4.9.1.

I don't want to install a bunch of codec packages and a million files just to watch a movie.

Do you have KernelEx installed?

If yes, you need just ffdshow instead of any codec packs.

I'm using xxl build from 25 July - you can get it from here.

The only problem is that there's no direct access to the configuration panel of it - you can configurate it only when you're playing video/clip.

If you don't like it, you can use older (from 2 September 2010) clsid build - it works smoothly.

Download link is here.

Edited by rainyd

The only problem is that there's no direct access to the configuration panel of it - you can configurate it only when you're playing video/clip.

RUNDLL32.EXE FFDSHOW.AX,configure

RUNDLL32.EXE FFDSHOW.AX,configureAudio

RUNDLL32.EXE ff_vfw.dll,configureVFW

:hello:

Sorry but it doesn't work in this way.

Of course it does, I have just tried it right now with the version you link to.

Perhaps you should type the full path to the ax file if it's not in the system search path.

Of course it does, I have just tried it right now with the version you link to.

Perhaps you should type the full path to the ax file if it's not in the system search path.

Maybe it works for you because you have Windows Me.

Edited by rainyd

It didn't work for me either. maybe I need kernelex.

I'm trying run things without KernelEX.

I even tried the last version that work on Win98SE, FFDSHOW_REV1936_20080413_CLSID.EXE.

These files alone does not help, but thanks for the effort.

FFDSHOW.AX,configure

FFDSHOW.AX,configureAudio

ff_vfw.dll,configureVFW

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

I found the solution.

I first downloaded the DivX H.264 Decoder 8.2.0.26 from this site http://www.free-codecs.com/download/DivX_H264_decoder.htm

After that, I extracted the file DIVXDECH264.AX. Then I registered DIVXDECH264.AX.

Now I have H.264 files without all that extra installing etc......Thanks

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

• 2 weeks later...

Which version exactly of Media Player Classic do you actually use?

Look "Help" -> "About" in the program, and look for revision number.

I have a version "revision 82", which works without KernelEx.

And I additionally actually test a "revision 107" from February 14th 2010; but this newer version seems to work only with KernelEx.

Mysteriously is the following: It does not work if I disable KernelEx for this version. But it works, if I activate the Win98SE(!) compatibility mode. What is the difference between the KernelEx "built-in" Win98SE compatibility mode and the "real" Win98SE?

Relying to your codec problems: Had you ever tried FFdshow-filters?

I'm using FFDShow rev2322_20081114 on Windows 98 without the KernelEX. The decoder configuration settings are available through the Start Menu or tray icon during playback. It appears the FFDShow is the fastest free h264 decoder available.

FWIW, with KernelEx, latest working (and splendidly so) version of MPC-HC is 1.5.1.2903 and requires to be put in "Disable Custom Heap" compatibility mode: http://sourceforge.net/projects/mpc-hc/files/MPC%20HomeCinema%20-%20Win32/MPC-HC%20v1.5.1.2903_32%20bits/

As for FFDShow the latest MSVC2008 build (rev3995_20111012) on http://www.xvidvideo.ru/, which is current, is all good: http://www.xvidvideo.ru/ffdshow-tryouts-project-x86-x64/ffdshow-tryouts-project-svn-3995-x86-x64.html

Edited by loblo