Media Player Classic 6.4.9.1

PROBLEMCHYLD

Your asx does not contain streams but a playlist. Anyway it does not play it properly nor does it play the asx files it can create.

You can create playlists in m3u, pls, mpcpl and asx format from within MPC by using view/playlist as you may not have noticed, and then you can right-click on that playlist and choose save as.

You can use any of the other playlist formats as they all work for playback and fill a bug report to Gabest so maybe he will fix this in the next release, as it would appear to be a bug.

• 3 years later...

Is anyone a Guru at configuring Media Player Classic 6.4.9.1.

Here's how I would like my setup, I would be playing only DVD movies (not ripped) but the actual DVD.

One problem that I have is the subtitles always shows up and I can't turn them off. Secondly

I would like to know what should be checked and un-checked for the best performance. Thanks to all.

I was using Media Player Classic 6.4.9.1 for quite some time with Win 98SE and never had the problem that you are experiencing. I'm sure there has to be a setting there somewhere. I won't be much help for that, but in case you can't get it figured out then maybe this will be of some help. As I mentioned earlier, I was using MP Classic for several years for everything until I discovered XMPlay for audio cds and mp3 music. It played music 100% better than MPC. So I only used MPC for DVDs and flash videos until I came across VLC Media Player v0.8.6 .... I needed a player for mp4 videos and could never get MPC to play these ... never could figure out the settings. VLC Media Player played the mp4s right from the start and then I discovered it seem to play DVDs and flash video better than MPC ... at least I thought the video was better after doing a comparison. It might just be my imagination but I thought the picture was just a little sharper with the VLC Media Player. XMPlay gave me better sound and VLC MP gave me a better picture. So if you can't figure out the MPC problem you might want to check out the others that I have mentioned.

** Note: As I was typing this I just discovered that a newer version of XMPlay has come out ... Dec 22, 2009. I am not sure about it still working with Win 98SE. I will download it and check it out later today or if anyone has already done so, please let us know. I know the last version 3.4.2.1 does work. The new version is 3.5 and there may be a good chance it will still work with Win 98SE.

*** The new version 3.5 works with Win 98SE and may sound even better when all the settings (equalizer and such) are finalized.

VLC Media Player 0.8.6 for Windows 98SE

http://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html

Windows 95/98/Me

VLC 0.8.6 is the latest release with support for this operating system.

Please note that these versions of Windows are not officially supported. No VideoLAN developer uses any of these systems, which makes them hard to support. VLC should mostly work with them, but some incompatibilities might appear. You might need to download The Microsoft Layer for Unicode on Windows 95/98/Me Systems. The two MSLU files need to be put in the C:\Windows\System\ folder.

Warning: The following package is not up-to-date with the latest official version of the software. When using an out-of-date version, you may encounter important bugs or security holes.

Windows self-extracting package (9MB)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

XMPlay 3.4.2.1 (old) ... New (3.5)

http://www.un4seen.com/

HTH ...

Edited by duffy98

I needed a player for mp4 videos and could never get MPC to play these ... never could figure out the settings.

Installing ffdshow filter or Haali Media Splitter should resolved such problem (KernelEx is handy for those programs).

Edited by rainyd

rainyd ... Yeah, I had all that in there but was not getting something right. I had the K-Lite Codec Pack with MP Classic also included. Well, maybe one day I'll fool around with it all again on my Win 98SE test computer. I'd like to know what I was messing up on. thanks ...

I use Deluxe CD player from Plus98 for all CDs. I don't have any MP3s or other formats on my machine at the time.

I'm configuring a geek machine with all lite basic software that has a great performance and impact. So I want to configure Media Player Classic 6.4.9.1

to only load DVDs. I have this part but the settings like rendering/filters etc...., I really don't understand because they don't explain it simple so i need you guys help.

Media Player Classic HC v1.2.908.0

I didn't know this version worked on Win98SE. Is it buggy, has anyone tested this? Is it better or worse than the classic version. Please shed some light my way.

Edited by PROBLEMCHYLD

Media Player Classic HC v1.2.908.0

I didn't know this version worked on Win98SE. Is it buggy, has anyone tested this? Is it better or worse than the classic version. Please shed some light my way.

MPC-HC is designed specifically for NTx OSes, particularly for Vista + 7 [the developer built it and tested it on Vista].

Therefore it won't work with 9x OSes, even if using KernelEx. :(

CCCP codecs pages have a Wiki guide for MPC:

http://www.cccp-project.net/wiki/index.php..._Player_Classic

The Wikipedia page for MPC might also have some references you can use:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Player_Classic

You could also try the older [but good reference] MPC HTML Help file:

http://downloads.sourceforge.net/project/g...ng_20050402.zip

And when all else fails, there's always VideoHelp: ;)

http://www.videohelp.com/

HTH

• 3 months later...

Is it possible to disable all the internal/external filters in mpc thats intergrated

and add only the filters for the formats of media that, I will be using?

I read the internal/externals filters will automatically use the default filters from MPC.

Of course you can disable all internal filters in Media Player Classic: Options then Internal Filters.

With help of the KernelEx, I'm using clsid ffdshow version (from 10 April) - I don't have problem with various media files.

Btw, I don't recommend you to try MPC-HC - it doesn't work well on Win98SE.

Well, my Win98 "media kit" includes the following:

Latest supported K-Lite codec pack (don't remember exact version for Win 98)

I often don't use MPC from it, instead I use my favorite Crystal Player, which unfortunately is not developed any more.

Latest GOM Player and VLC as alternative players, I could play some DVDs only with them.

Flash Movie Player for flash.

1by1 - very tiny and cute audio player with a set of plugins.

Edited by M()zart

• 3 months later...