MS Publisher and Word -- Play together?

SilentRob

I have designed a rather nice letterhead set in Microsoft Publisher 2003 that I would like to be able to use as a template in Microsoft Word. It consists of a decorative front-page letterhead with logo, and a simple letterhead for all subsequent pages.

My question for you folks here is this: How can I go about converting these two *.pub (ltr_primary.pub and ltr_secondary.pub) into templates that can be accessed from the "New... Templates >>" menu in MS Word? Preferably in such a way that the first page of the new document would use the primary letterhead, and all subsequent pages automatically use the secondary letterhead. It would sure be nice to have the letterhead ready to print letters on-the-fly instead of having to load my pre-printed letterheads into the printer before each piece of correspondence.

I figured that since you guys have solved every computer problem I've had in the past, this should be a simple issue for you to help me with.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by SilentRob

I figured I'd go ahead and post samples of what I'm talking about. For those of you who know Publisher, but for some reason or another don't have access to it, I've included Adobe PDF versions as well. The names and addresses have been changed to protect the innocent.

I think you get the idea: The body of the letter would start about a centimeter below the address information in ltr_primary.xxx, and after a page break (for longer letters), would immediately start on the ltr_secondary.xxx format, about a centimeter below the header... and do so for all pages afterward.

I'll really appreciate whatever anyone can suggest. I have eFax, and it would be really nice to send out faxes on this template straight thru eFax online instead of printing it, using the fax machine, and just using eFax to receive replies.

Again, thanks in advance!

letterheads.rar

• 1 month later...

Its kinda messy but you could save your publisher work in html format and open it in word. You will have to rearrange some pictures and text but it works :yes:

I got bored. So I did it for you. The alignment etc is probably all wrong but you can adjust it and save it as a new .dot or .doc or whatever file and send it out.

I dont have the Beach and Beach Extended font so you may have to change that

mspub_doc_templates.rar

Give them a go