Change default Welcome Screen

I would like to change the default Welcome Screen in a custom XP pro cd. The best guide I found was this tut, but that has nothing to do wtih adding it to a custom unattended cd.

I do have some idea on what to do. I found the LOGONUI.EX_ in the I386 folder. So im guessing all I need to do is change that then recreate the ISO and go from there. But im not sure if that is the correct way, or even sure how to create an .EX_ file. I know, from googe that .EX_ is a compressed exe file, which is the same exe file that hold the pic for LOGONUI.EXE.

Edited by evilkorn

I would like to change the default Welcome Screen in a custom XP pro cd. The best guide I found was this tut, but that has nothing to do wtih adding it to a custom unattended cd.

I do have some idea on what to do. I found the LOGONUI.EX_ in the I386 folder. So im guessing all I need to do is change that then recreate the ISO and go from there. But im not sure if that is the correct way, or even sure how to create an .EX_ file. I know, from googe that .EX_ is a compressed exe file, which is the same exe file that hold the pic for LOGONUI.EXE.

here the guide in msfn is very informative for things like this

http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/78/

Thats the same link I put in my original post. But I don't know how to add create the ex_ file. Also the files were in different spots on my cd. That guide tells you how to edit the other login screen not the welcome screen.

1) You might need a modified SYSSETUP.DLL (not sure)

2) to "create a .ex_ file" run

makecab logonui.exe

from a command promt

3) then dump the modified file in the i386 dir

4) if you read the whole link above, it is for BOTH classic and XP logon

Edited by Draugen

2) to "create a .ex_ file" run

CODE

makecab logonui.exe

from a command promt

Will need to use modifype.exe, which i attached, on any edited ".exe" or .".dll" system files before compressing them or Windows will reject the file during setup.

Just copy the modifype.exe file inside your system32 folder, open a command prompt and type:

MODIFYPE logonui.exe -c

Press Enter

It will display a message " No error occured, have a nice day"

Now its ready to be compressed using makecab.

modifyPE.exe