how to OVERBURN a 700mb cd to 800mb

ideas

almost all burners can do it, nero is able to do it, and almost all types of media can do it

but getting 100mb of overburn will most likely not work, just use a dvd

SO WTAS THE MAX OVERBURN I CAN GET? & CAN U TELL ME HOW TO GET THAT AMT TO OVERBURN

Plextor wit GIGAREC could do it, but also plextor would be the only that could read it.

As far as i can tell you can overburn about 2 minutes of capacity (cca 18MB) but it is better to use nero Generate short leadout option it gives you 12MB of capacity w/o overburning.

Edited by EGRES

Haven't reached 800mb with my Liteon burner and generic media, but close... 782. I think it's the media, since there are read errors near the end and they are intermittent. From what I've heard others say, this one can read up to 870mb.

There is also 800, 850, and 900mb media available.

I've got a novel suggestion...

Why not use the hardware the way it was originally designed instead of always looking for some way to overclock, overburn, overeat, overdrink, etc.

Any time you exceed the spec's of anything you risk compatibility issues.

For instance, burn a CD at 52x (very foolish) and you'll seldom if ever read it on a 4x reader.

Again, burn to a Black CD and you'll never read it on an older reader.

If you want inter-drive compatibility, stay simple and as generic as possible with all you do.

Need more space? Do what the rest of us have already done and get one of the new DVD-DL drives.

Nine gigs of data on just one DVD should take care of your storage needs.

Or wait a few months for the new Blue Ray drives, (currently approaching production) for Fifty Gigs of storage on a single disk.

Anyone want to buy a couple hundred coasters?

I learned my lessons the hard way,

cheers

Andromeda43 :hello: