Removeable Storage renaming

What operating system?

I'm going to assume Windows XP. Use Disk Management within Computer Management. Just right click on the drive (in Disk Management) and there will be an option for "Change Drive Letter and Paths". Change the DVD drive to something that isn't being used. Then change the memory card reader to the old DVD drive letter. Now go back and change the DVD drive letter (again) to the old card reader drive letter.

Edited by nmX.Memnoch

Don't forget if you have a program that thinks the DVD player is D: and now the memory card reader is D: it will look for the DVD on the memory card.

Most programs don't need the cd/dvd in so it isn't a big deal. But a lot of games are still requiring it.

Most newer games can detect the CD/DVD drive directly and will read each until it finds the file it's looking for. For instance, I installed Quake 4 from my CD-RW drive...but I can put the disk in my DVD+RW drive and it'll still run. :)

But you make a good point...any programs expecting to find the disk on the old drive letter may not work anymore. A registry edit or .ini file update will usually fix this though.

Edited by nmX.Memnoch