Mass Storage Problem....I Think?

bglinkerman

I slipstreamed all of the driverpacks into my UXPCD (I think I used method 2....its been a while and I forget). This was one of the first steps I've done. I have been adding programs, twekas, themes, and wallpapers since then. Here is my problem...on the one computer I test it on it never installs the floppy drive until I log in the first time. Then I searches the driver database for about 10 minutes before it finds the correct one. Also, my CD/RW DVD Combo drive is detected and installed then it runs through the program installations. After they finish I can go to my computer and see the CD-Drive. However, after one restart it disappears forever. I cannot even reinstall the drivers after that. Thirdly, I have a Lexar Lightning USB drive that autodetects on every machine I have ever put it in and generic USB drivers are installed and it works. Now, it detects it but it pops up the New Hardware Wizard and then like the floppy, I have to literally wait 10 minutes for it to install.

Being that all 3 of these devices are storage devices I was thinking it may be the MassStorage pack. I'm not sure if anyone knows why these problems are occruing or not. If not is there a way to remove just the MassStorage Pack without affecting anything else. Also, if that can be done what .cmd, .txt, .bat, etc. files will be changed, if any.

Other than that all the other drivers work flawlessly. Thanks for any help.