[Question] "Save as" window size

walpurgisng

Whenever I want to "save as" in any of the programs I use (Firefox, MSN Messenger etc) the "save as" window is always its normal size after I expand it. It remains expanded until I reboot but then the "save as" window becomes small again. Anyone know how to resize it and keep it resized? Registry tweak is fine too.

Please delete my other post on this subject as the heading does not follow proper msfn.org rules.

I don't know if it's possible ... Try to close "save as" dialog while pressing Ctrl. I works for Explorer. The second way is about capturing regkey used by the dialog and set NTFS permissions to Read only for all ...

That was a rather quick reply, thanks. How would I capture the regkey for it. I understand what u mean by capturing it, but what is the regkey?

Found a proggie that supposedly does it called directfolder, but its a pay folder. I wonder what regkeys they used.

I don't know what regkey used for this dialog (regkey = registry key), but you can monitor registry operations yourself with RegMon from great www.sysinternals.com

I don't want to discourage you but the registry way it's hard, you must be very "maniac" to achieve your tip !