cmos checksum error

PROBLEMCHYLD

I have a monorail modular bios v4.51pg

monorail bios v1.22

pentium 3 450 mhz

memory test 131072 ok

cmos checksum error

Now ive been 2 tha the tyan website and flash bios that didn't work

i also change battery and that didn't work can n e 1 help me please?

If you get that error message, just re-entering the BIOS setup then saving the changes can solve the problem.

This is normal for that error message to appear until you enter the BIOS setup then save the changes if you recently resetted the CMOS.

• 1 month later...

Me to facing similar problem as PROBLEMCHYLD, Battery Repalacement of no use. tried all factory defaults, optimized defaults. no use.. anyone for our help???

my sys is

AMD 3000+ 939pins

A8N-E mobo

nVidia 6600 LE PCI-x card

200 GB SATA Seagate

80 GB IDE Seagate

512 MB RAM

Hmmmmmm

Just removing the old battery and then sticking in a new one won't reset the entire bios.

You must leave the battery out for at least 20 minutes or more.

Then after going through the battery replacement and a reboot, enter the bios and manually reset the time & date and all the drive settings, boot up sequence, etc.

There's always the possibility that on a mobo that old, that the bios chip is defective and no amount of fiddlin' with it is going to make it work properly.

Cheers!

• 1 month later...

Thanks Andromeda43, for your suggestions.

OK guys, it was a defective BIOS i guess. I tried flashing it using the provided software from within windows and the system didnt boot thereafter. Finaly, i had to take it to the Asus authorized shop and asked him to 'reflash' the BIOS. He obliged and its working fine now.. thank you guys, for your time. :)

• 5 years later...

I'm getting "CMOS Checksum Error, press F1 to continue" etc.. on a dell desktop w/vista ... I changed the battery and it didn't correct the problem but the main problem is that my keyboard doesn't work either. (USB ONLY)

So I can't press anything.. Anyone ?