Bug in my fileset

fdv

Somehow an error snuck into HIVESFT.INF

This mainly effects the 16 bit subsystem. Ironically, you'd have trouble using HFSLIP!

Here's the thing. You don't have to go nuts reinstalling. I am making a patch also as well as fixing the fileset.

:no: Sorry... I'm an idi0+ for letting that slip by...

Patch attached. It's the only error I found in the fileset.

I run hfslip in a virtual machine anyway... Ever since TP told me to switch from Microsoft Virtual PC to VMWare... WOW. Huge difference. I can work while the VM works without having to give it foreground focus like the Microsoft product which is WAY slower. Anyway, the patch is here if ya need it.

If this doesn't fix things, then I'm still not sure... Maybe these registry edits hafta happen before the 16 bit subsystem is started...

oct_2k5_patch.inf

Edited by fdv

HFSLIP can parse INF files automatically. To install this inf to your installation source using HFSLIP, you could place this INF file in the HFSVPK folder. HFSLIP will install the HFSVPK INFs at T-13. BTW, HFSLIP will install HFSVPK REGs at T-13 too (this means that the inf & reg files will affect all users). :whistle:

Somehow an error snuck into HIVESFT.INF

This mainly effects the 16 bit subsystem. Ironically, you'd have trouble using HFSLIP!

Here's the thing. You don't have to go nuts reinstalling. I am making a patch also as well as fixing the fileset.

:no: Sorry... I'm an idi0+ for letting that slip by...

Patch attached. It's the only error I found in the fileset.

I run hfslip in a virtual machine anyway... Ever since TP told me to switch from Microsoft Virtual PC to VMWare... WOW. Huge difference. I can work while the VM works without having to give it foreground focus like the Microsoft product which is WAY slower. Anyway, the patch is here if ya need it.

If this doesn't fix things, then I'm still not sure... Maybe these registry edits hafta happen before the 16 bit subsystem is started...

Is that why I got sent to a 404 when trying to re-download sp5files.zip?

Not sure that you forgot it Fred. My HIVESFT.INF (11-13-05) has these entries BUT many are on the same line. See line 584 for a very long line.

Also we are probably missing the bit at the very end too:

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\H323TSP",,0x00000012

@RJARRRPCGP - yeah, that was why, heh... it should be fine now. the link and the files, that is.

@Squeeto - yep that's the error, one big line means these values dont get merged correctly of course.

as for H323TSP, i'll check into that.