BitTorrent Client Comparison

Jeremy

both clients are garbage nowdays, BitComent is just an absolute disgrace. Although it doesnt use java is it still quite heavy on resource usage, also its p*ss poor implmentation of DHT/Peer Exchange has caused it to be ban on nearly every major tracker site i use. Azureus is a great client and has alot of things that can be done with it, its only let down is the heavy resource usage due to the java runtime environment, its still the best overall client purely because its cross platform. if you want a windows client then there is no other choice but µTorrent as it easily outperforms any other.

uTorrent (pronounced micro torrent) for me as well. In my opinion the best by far. Azureus for me is a big no because it requires sun Java. uTorrent is only 150k or there about.

I also noticed the comparison on Wikipedia doesn't show if you can create your own torrents with a particular torrent client. I find this a very handy feature in uTorrent. BitCommet has that feature as well. Not sure about Azureus.

Edited by enuffsaid

first i used azureus, this was on my old comp. then b/c azureus slowed down my comp soo much i switched to bitcomet. now with my new computer that has 2 gigs of ram, i am able to run azureus just fine, i am able to actually play games with it on.

No Azureus for me because I absolutely hate Java. It's slow and bloated.

BitComet and uTorrent are my favorite. BitComet only because it can rename the files in multi-file torrents while downloading (I've searched everywhere and am surprised it is the only non-Java client to have this feature, since apparently someone likes to put wierd and long filenames in the torrent...), and uTorrent for it's minimal resource consumption - necessary, since P2P clients like these are normally left alone in the background to download while the user goes on with other work.

Edited by LLXX