Worst game ever --Prison Tycoon

LordFett

I picked this up for $20 the otherday hoping it was going to be like Roller Coaster Tycoon. Well it is to a degree, you build stuff. That is where the similiarties end.

Prison Tycoon you have very little camera control. Forward, back, left, right, up & down. No zoom, no rotate.

The game is also very slow paced. I had to use the cheat code for super fast to make it 1/2 way interesting. After letting it sit for 8 hours I still had not gotten from Low security to Medium. In that 8 hours I didn't have to build anything over my first prison.

I wish I had picked up the new Civ instead.

lmao. Do ur prisoners take advantage of the dropped soap?

I've yet to encounter showers in the game. I keep the game running on one of my less used PCs just to see if I can get to the Maxium Security prisons and get some death row stuff going.

In low security you don't even have cells, just beds.

• 3 months later...
Prison Tycoon you have very little camera control. Forward, back, left, right, up & down. No zoom, no rotate.

You really shouldn't bash on a game you don't understand. Makes you look like an id***. You control the camera with the mouse wheel button. Hell, look at the manual from the auto-run. It tells you a little bit about how to play the game... GG

Edited by Elindel

i wouldn't ever spend money on a game with the word tycoon in it's title, but that's just me. lol

What about an open-source game with a zest of "tycoon" in it ?

« Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe » from openttd.org

:P

btw, "prison tycoon"... don't know of this game, but you should be at least strange-minded to find "enjoyment" in such a thing :wacko:

• 10 months later...
i wouldn't ever spend money on a game with the word tycoon in it's title, but that's just me. lol

What about an open-source game with a zest of "tycoon" in it ?

« Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe » from openttd.org

:P

btw, "prison tycoon"... don't know of this game, but you should be at least strange-minded to find "enjoyment" in such a thing :wacko:

Oh well i can assume thats me LOL

btw im new arround here, i just saw this post and couldn´t handle it hahahahha i´m just playing prison tycoon right now, quite true i would not pay such a price for a game that bad hahaha but is quite funny if you like to build stuff and manage hehehehehhe, btw i was just surfing the net and a way to control the camera is by pressing the CTRL key and then move your mouse arround to the place you want.

I had to use the cheats to speed up the game, and just when the year is end my game crashes, hahahahah at least i didn´t pay for it but my friend did...

see ya arround i hope that clue help you to move the cam arround

Edited by fizhartmk

Funny yes but it has a hint of truth to it because the US Government (CIA) ships in

the narcotics (see Michael Rupperts videos on Google Video) and then arrests people

for having those narcotics and puts them in the very prisons the Government also runs,

thus getting incredibly cheap labour from them and displacing local jobs at the same

time.

Thats not a game though, thats real life.

Funny yes but it has a hint of truth to it because the US Government (CIA) ships in

the narcotics (see Michael Rupperts videos on Google Video) and then arrests people

for having those narcotics and puts them in the very prisons the Government also runs,

thus getting incredibly cheap labour from them and displacing local jobs at the same

time.

oh well im not from there so i dont know...but i can bet theres nothing worst than latin american prison lol! oh what i can know about it never being there hehehe but well about this game...i could be based on true stuff but is still a not good game... i would play better zoo tycoon...

what i dont like about tycoon games is that they get just rutine all over...always the same wait for the end of the year then you see...if you got the money or if you lost even your socks :P:unsure::blushing::wacko:

same as sin city, the sims, zoo tycoon, car tycoon, transport tycoon, mall tycoon, beer tycoon and so on...but i can tell they are quite funny on a time but after that lets move over another tycoon game hehehe ye ye im a fan..of those little tycoon games anybody can suggest one?

time.

Soooooo, it's not the columbians, cubans, puerto ricans, mexicans, russians, italians, or any of the other races that bring over the drugs? BTW, I'm latino, so don't charge me with racism.

Also, are you aware how much it costs to keep a prisoner in prison? A few years ago I heard it was about 20-30k per head. Now, I don't know where you got the idea that, that's cheap, but you need to reevaluate that information.

Sorry for the hijack and for bringing up old stuff.

Edited by CptMurphy