Domain blocklist, revised.

Is there a firefox version of this? Also will this work with the newest IE?
there is no resion it shouldnt work with IE7. however, useing firefox just about makes this pointless, as most (probly 99.9%+) of the sites wont infect firefox.

Is there a firefox version of this? Also will this work with the newest IE?
there is no resion it shouldnt work with IE7. however, useing firefox just about makes this pointless, as most (probly 99.9%+) of the sites wont infect firefox.

67% of all statistics are made up on the spot. :rolleyes:

67% of all statistics are made up on the spot. :rolleyes:

Well, you have to distinguish between favorable statistics, which are made on the spot at (grossly) 82.56% from unfavorable statistics for which I don't have the figures right now. :w00t:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you havent already PLEASE add

www.onlinesecurityguide.net

www.topadwarereviews.net

www.securitytroubleshooting.net

all in the same family, let me know if there are any others.

Though unfortunately if anyone has these popping up as their home page, the will have already been infected. I spent four hours on a computer trying to get all of the crap this trojan/malware/virus/whatever created. Turns out Ad Aware did the trick. if these domains can be verified as the source or destination of information it might disrupt the code enough to reder it useless.

Info about trojan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Interesting concept... Personally, I have SpywareBlaster installed on my system. Every time I have downloaded protection updates, I import my settings into our Default Domain Policy (User Configuration / Windows Settings / Internet Explorer Maintenance / Security / Security Zones and Content Ratings). This way, all Restrited Sites and Privacy settings are applied to all users in the domain. No need to install SpywareBlaster on all systems.

The only SpywareBlaster settings that can't be imported directly into a GPO are the "Internet Explorer protection" settings. These settings are actually a list of known spyware/malware ActiveX controls, which are blocked by setting the "kill bit" in the registry for these controls (check How to stop an ActiveX control from running in Internet Explorer for details). I have written a VBScript that exports all relevant settings to a .REG file, which is then imported on all systems through a Group Policy Startup script.

• 2 weeks later...
I have written a VBScript that exports all relevant settings to a .REG file, which is then imported on all systems through a Group Policy Startup script.

Care to share the script? Anything that helps defend the PC is valuable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...