Domain blocklist, revised.

hm... u sure you wanna block this one? ... lots of people use that...

"[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains\myspace.com]

"*"=dword:00000004"

~Dave

"lots of people" is an understatement. MySpace.com gets 3x as many visitors as Google on a daily basis. It's also the 3rd largest website worldwide, and the first largest in the US (This was a statistic I read when NewsCorp bought them).

Updated 04.03.06, now hosted at directlink provided by RogueSpear. This will enable automatic updates on your UA media (eg. by using AutoIt to download latest version).

Rar archive are now hosted at URL:

http://BoardBabe.EarlyMorningHours.net/Blocklist_revised.rar (~200kb)

A direct link to the .reg file are provided for the ease of use for any kind of autoupdate sequence.

http://BoardBabe.EarlyMorningHours.net/Domain_blocklist.reg (~1024kb)

Please feel free to share your thoughts/scripts for automatic update.

Edited by BoardBabe

I think these ones should be added at a later update too. They are additional domains that are associated with the WinFixer Exploit.

amaena.com

Win-anti-virus-pro.com

Win-antivirus.com

Win-virus-pro.com

Winantivirus2005.com

Winvirus2005.com

Absolutely no problem. I think most people will want to avoid WinFixer if they can. Took me three days and an eventual reformat to rid my brother-in-law's PC of this wonderful piece of malware.

In response to your updating dilemma, I'll look into the possibility of constructing some kind of updater over the next few days using VB6. It may be that there'll need to be some sort of manual control over it, in the case of a non-permanent internet connection.

Edited by simply_simon

simply_simon: Thanks, I really don't have a dilemma, and did a personal version in AutoIt that works perfectly fine, only that is part of a bigger project of mine and therfore not suiteable as is to share atm :)

I don't have time to make a script for it, but using AutoIt it is a fairly simple task to do a version check and download file if update available.

It would be easier, IMHO, to write an update script if your pack was released as a zip file, since there are PHP and perl mods to extract zip files remotely. It might be worth looking into. Also, Windows can extract a zip file without the use of a 3rd part program.

Just a thought. Most people have WinRar, though. So not really a big deal. It would only be an issue for a small number of people, really. :)

Edited by Dumpy Dooby