Can't load SmartUI Library (code 126) error

dhedges

Looks like I stripped too much out of WinXP when I nlitened it.

I've searched high and low and have tried several fixes to resolve the problem with no luck.

I can't post my .ini file because I am not at home but I know I removed 16 bit support which I read could be the culprit. I did try and fix that issue by using a little program I found that reinstalled 16 bit support but still not able to get the printer working.

I would like to find out what specifically is causing the printer not to start up.

Below is the actual error meassage

Can't load SmartUI Library (code 126) error

specified module could not be found

Any advice or thoughts would be a appreciated and can I add the missing files at this point.

• 1 month later...

• 2 weeks later...

I am having the same problem with a very similar printer (Samsung ML-1610). I have checked my system32 folder and I do have wow32.dll which the above poster said may be needed.

Does anyone else have any suggestions or did you ever find a solution to this error dhedges?

Thanks for the reply.

The version of wow32.dll I have is 5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) and I've also tried the version posted which is dated 1995. I get the error with both.

As soon as I re-add my printer the error pop-ups and has to be ok'ed several times before it disappears.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Sry for digging, but how can I replace the old file with the new one? When trying in the normal mode it says that it's in use or smth and the same thing happens. So, the question is how could I do the switch?

This is how I did it:

• Copy the "older version" to the place were the "newer version" is but name it wow32.dlx or so.
  • Make a boot disk of your USB stick or floppy (you can use Free-DOS also if you like).
  • Reboot and start DOS.
  • Go to the directory were you placed the file and rename the "older version" to wow32.old and the wow32.dlx file to wow32.dll again.

You know how to use DOS by the way?

Thanks, but it didn't work. :(

I, err, noticed that my error differs a bit. The number is 193, not 126, but I didn't find anything related to that on google so I thought I'd try smth that worked with a similar error, but it seems it isn't similar enough. Any hints about 193? :P