[Release] YAWI (ex Launcher)

gramiche

Kinda lost on the Registry adding part. How would I go from this...

REG ADD %KEY%\093 /VE /D "iTunes v6.0.2.23" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\093 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\iTunes\iTunes6.0.2.23.exe" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\093 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\iTunes\Itunes.reg" /f

To this...

iTunes\iTunes6.0.2.23.exe;;X;iTunes v6.0.2.23

???Not really sure about this Registry entry???

to add this 3 registry entries when you install iTune, you write in the yawi.ini :

REG;ADD HKLM\093 /VE /D "iTunes v6.0.2.23" /f
REG;ADD HKLM\093 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\iTunes\iTunes6.0.2.23.exe" /f
REG;ADD HKLM\093 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\iTunes\Itunes.reg" /f

In the yawi window, only 1 line will appear with "iTunes v6.0.2.23" selected.

you cannot use variable in yawi (like %KEY%) so you need to replace %KEY% with the complete value

Wow, ok, I think I'm even more lost. Basically the info I gave you was from my Runonceex.cmd. The Actual registry file that I install is...

%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\iTunes\Itunes.reg

So how would I install the Itunes.reg file, using YAWI?

So how would I install the Itunes.reg file, using YAWI?

add an entry in yawi.ini with itunes.reg, like a program

yawi.ini would contain :

iTunes\itunes.reg

yawi.exe & yawi.ini must be in the %systemdrive%\Install\Applications folder (in your case)

Thanks Gramiche, I'll try that tonight. One more question for ya. Is there a way to run Taskkill from YAWI?

For example, If I installed iTunes.msi, and wanted to kill the iTunes.exe process from running after the msi is done installing the application. There are a few programs I do this too in my Runonceex.cmd, but not sure how to do in using YAWI.

If you can do it in runonceex.cmd, you can do it with yawi :)

1/ copy your command lines used in runonceex.cmd to kill the itune.exe process in a new killitune.cmd file

2/ add in yawi.ini a line (the last line for itune process) :

killitune.cmd

your yawi.ini contain now :

iTunes\itunes.reg
iTunes\killitune.cmd

Hiya gramiche and all,

Have a little notion - when using Schemes, YAWI should also check the Groups attribute for each entry in a Scheme, so that no two different versions of the same software package install....

Also, when pushing Select None button and then Select All, it correctly selects only one Entry from a Group, but for me the latter one... Could it possibly be changed that it selects the first one of each Group?

/EDIT/ - Does it sellect after the Fille name or what? /EDIT/

Thx.

Edited by joeyeti

Hiya gramiche and all,

Have a little notion - when using Schemes, YAWI should also check the Groups attribute for each entry in a Scheme, so that no two different versions of the same software package install....

Also, when pushing Select None button and then Select All, it correctly selects only one Entry from a Group, but for me the latter one... Could it possibly be changed that it selects the first one of each Group?

/EDIT/ - Does it sellect after the Fille name or what? /EDIT/

Thx.

come back to yawi forum to discuss new options :P

Need some further assistance with YAWI (which by the way, works great with Runonceex.cmd). I have Norton Antivirus installed using Runonceex.cmd with the following commands...

REG ADD %KEY%\060 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SAV9\SAV9.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\061 /VE /D "Norton Antivirus Corp v9" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\061 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SAV9\SAV.msi /QB-! RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=REALLYSUPRESS" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\062 /VE /D "Norton Antivirus Live Update fix v2.7.38" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\062 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SAV9\lusetup.exe -q" /f

Basically the above code does the following:

1. SAV9.exe is a RAR archive that extracts all the NAV software to "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SAV9.

2. SAV.msi is the actual installer

3. lusetup.exe is the live update fix that need to be applied after NAV is installed.

In YAWI I tried doing this, but it doesn't seem to work (only extracts the software, but line 2 and 3 don't seem to be run at all. Any suggestions?

SAV9\SAV9.exe;;X;Norton Antivirus Corp. v9 w/Jan 06 Definitions
SAV9\SAV.msi;/QB-! RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=REALLYSUPRESS
SAV9\lusetup.exe;-q

Basically the above code does the following:

1. SAV9.exe is a RAR archive that extracts all the NAV software to "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SAV9.

2. SAV.msi is the actual installer

3. lusetup.exe is the live update fix that need to be applied after NAV is installed.

In YAWI I tried doing this, but it doesn't seem to work (only extracts the software, but line 2 and 3 don't seem to be run at all. Any suggestions?

SAV9\SAV.msi;/QB-! RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=REALLYSUPRESS
SAV9\lusetup.exe;-q

ok, it cannot work actually with yawi.

yawi ignore not existant file. If i have understand your process, sav9.exe extract sav.msi and lusetup.exe. At the yawi startup, sav.msi and lusetup does not exist, so there are ignored.

the second problem is that yawi work only in relative path.

sav9.exe is in the subfolder of yawi, it can be found, but sav.msi is not on your cdrom, but in an other drive...

if you want to keep the first step (cant you extract sav.exe before burn your windows cd ?), i suggest to make a SAV.bat which contain this lines :

@echo off
%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SAV9\SAV.msi /QB-! RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=REALLYSUPRESS
%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\SAV9\lusetup.exe -q

and yawi.ini :

SAV9\SAV.bat

Edited by gramiche