[Release] YAWI (ex Launcher)

gramiche

i think we can use it from runonceex and all the entries we have in runonceex can be used in yawi.ini am i right?

If your runonceex contain some loop, goto, if... it is not possible to add them into YAWI. You can only use program call (exe, bat, com, cmd, msi) and registry modification.

i think we can use it from runonceex and all the entries we have in runonceex can be used in yawi.ini am i right?

If your runonceex contain some loop, goto, if... it is not possible to add them into YAWI. You can only use program call (exe, bat, com, cmd, msi) and registry modification.

i have standard calls only (maybe the cdrom letter check will not work in YAWI).

but seems useful to distribute application installer to my users with this tool so they can select whatever they want to be installed.

@ironside: Create yawi.ini file with correct path to at least one existing file. Incorrect lines are ignored, so if there is no fine path, yawi won't run.

OK thanks i've got it now :)

And thanks for your work on this neat little app, cheers :)

i have standard calls only (maybe the cdrom letter check will not work in YAWI).

yawi accept only relative path, you dont need to use cdrom letter. Just put yawi on the media at the root directory (or at least a directory which contain all installation program to launch) :)

Thanks for your support :yes:

Edited by gramiche

Kinda lost on the Registry adding part. How would I go from this...

REG ADD %KEY%\093 /VE /D "iTunes v6.0.2.23" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\093 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\iTunes\iTunes6.0.2.23.exe" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\093 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\iTunes\Itunes.reg" /f

To this...

iTunes\iTunes6.0.2.23.exe;;X;iTunes v6.0.2.23

???Not really sure about this Registry entry???

Kinda lost on the Registry adding part. How would I go from this...

REG ADD %KEY%\093 /VE /D "iTunes v6.0.2.23" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\093 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\iTunes\iTunes6.0.2.23.exe" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\093 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\iTunes\Itunes.reg" /f

To this...

???Not really sure about this Registry entry???

to add this 3 registry entries when you install iTune, you write in the yawi.ini :

REG;ADD HKLM\093 /VE /D "iTunes v6.0.2.23" /f
REG;ADD HKLM\093 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\iTunes\iTunes6.0.2.23.exe" /f
REG;ADD HKLM\093 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\iTunes\Itunes.reg" /f

In the yawi window, only 1 line will appear with "iTunes v6.0.2.23" selected.

you cannot use variable in yawi (like %KEY%) so you need to replace %KEY% with the complete value

Edited by gramiche