Opera 9 Beta 2 Weeklies

alsiladka

And I immediately have trouble with it!

Tab-focus is non-existent now :( (meaning, clicking current tab's title would take away focus from that, to the one just before it).

And another feature I'm used to, also is missing, but I forgot it by the time I came to post this...

Ok, remembered - every link i click from M2 (opera mail) or external URL links (from messengers) opens up a new window instead of tab!

EDIT:

And a friend solved it!

Alt+P (prefs) >> advanced >> Tabs >> toggle below settings.

"Click on tab to minimize" , "Open windows instead of tabs"

Apparently, that was to mimic firefox behaviour, but its irritating!

Opera 9 Beta 1 Released :)

I know it has been posted in the softwares section , but since we ha this thread running from so long , i thought it to be appropriate that the Major beta release should be posted here too!!!

This beta is 5367 and the last TP build was 5371!!!!

Makes no sense to me!!!!

Also , rather funny that none of the TP should ever crash for me and the Beta gave an error right at the first start after the new install!!! Had to repair it before i could even use it :(

Wow... After a couple hours of using the beta 1, I'm impressed. They've even got the "hover-preview" of your tabs, similar to the feature that's due to come in Vista.

I haven't played much with the widgets, since I get most of those through AveDesk, nor have I tried the BitTorrent features. Other than that, it seems very nice indeed.

My only peeve with it is the fact that they've copied the Firefox keyboard shortcuts. Ctrl+N makes a new window by default now, instead of a new tab. Isn't that the whole point of a tabbed browser?

Zxian, you're 3 months late, in discovering those hover-previews & changed keyboard shortcuts :P:lol:

All those features been present since the TPs itself! And as said above, the beta1 is slightly older than last weekly build, so is a bit unstable.

Anyways, you can always re-map keyboard shortcuts, but it would be better to get used to the new, since all browsers now have standardised them (IE7,firefox,Opera9).

New Tab - Ctrl+T

Bookmark - Ctrl+D

(i'm still not fully used to atleast those 2 shortcuts, for which i was using the old-style ones, i keep tripping up on them once in a while)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...