Access is denied

syedali

Hi, every body!

iv been trouble setting up mysql on php, apache on windows server 2003,I created Domain Server,when i logged in USER a/c it is not working showing error Access is denied.When i login ADMINISTRATOR a/c it is working fine help plz reply to this thread.

Best regard

Syed ali

The user acct. on any computer has limited capabilities. You wont get very far. You should always use an acct. with administrative privelages to do any maintanace or configuration on a computer. Or, for security, log into the user acct. and from the run prompt just type in "runas /user:user_with_administrative_privelages "name_of_program/file"" Now, I used double-quotes, you don't need the first quotes, just the ones in between the program name.

I logged in User a/c.

Start----->Run--->

I typed like this

"runas /user:inayat_with_administrative_privelages "C:\Program Files\Inferno\file"Start Inferno"

It is showing error like this.

"runas /user:inayat_with_administrative_privelages "C:\Program......

Windows cannot find "runas /user:inayat_with_administrative_privelages "C:\Program Files\Inferno\file"Start Inferno"Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again.To search for a file, click the Start button, and then Click Search.

OK

Thanks for help me.

type it like this:

runas /user:inayat_with_administrative_privelages "C:\Program Files\Inferno\file\exe for program"

you only need qoutes around the program file path because of the spaces, not before it in the runas section

Start-->Run--->

runas /user:inayat_with_administrative_privelages "C:\Program Files\Inferno\file\exe for program"

This message came.

Enter the password for inayat_with_administrative_privelages:

User:Inayat

Pass:tech

User:administrator

Pass:mt

I typed password tech.It has gone.Then again i try to start inferno it is showing same error like this.

C:\Programm files\inferno\Apache\Apache.exe

fopen: Permission denied

apache: could not log pid to file C:/program file/inferno/apache/logs/httpd.pid

Note the error message above, and press the <Esc> key to exit. 30,29,28,27..........

Thanks for replay.

Here's what I want you to do. Go into the My computer icon and find the program that you want to run. Copy the location on the address bar and put it inside the quotes of where I put location of program without anything extra. Okay?

runas /user:administrator "location of program"

So, if for example the program was in C:\program files\inferno\apache\apache.exe, then the program would look like this:

runas /user:administrator "C:\program files\inferno\apache\apache.exe"

Exactly like that. I hope this helps you and post back if it works or doesn't. Good luck.

Edited by m3n70r