[Question] Remove Windows Update Uninstall Information

spacesurfer

Does anyone know how to remove the folders that are created in your windows directory after installing windows update? I believe the folders store uninstall information. Since I'm not having any problems, I will not be uninstalling those updates and wish to remove them to free space.

I searched this site but didn't find anythign.

Normally, these folders are named like $NtUninstallKBXXXXX$ and so on for Windows 2000 but the naming is similar for Windows XP.

Please NOW in Microsoft Windows XP section, use [TAGS] in your topic's title.

See rules

--Sonic

Does anyone know how to remove the folders that are created in your windows directory after installing windows update? I believe the folders store uninstall information. Since I'm not having any problems, I will not be uninstalling those updates and wish to remove them to free space.

Normally, these folders are named like $NtUninstallKBXXXXX$ and so on for Windows 2000 but the naming is similar for Windows XP.

I always delete everything that starts with $ in my Windows Folder.

I always delete them directly, and my computer have not happened anything.

I think you can do the same.