[Help] Video Issue During Boot

SyNiSteR

I just put together a custom build for myself over the weekend and have a strange video error when XP SP2 boots. When the Windows XP load screen should appear (with the progress bar below the windows logo) I get 1 of 2 errors:

1) "Video Mode Not Supported" appears

2) It will flash from gray to white then to a colored screen (Red, Green, Blue and White horiztonal bars, each are 1/4 of the screen) and continue looping through these 3 screens.

After a bit, XP will load properly and everything works fine. I am just concerned about those weird screens during the boot.

I have tried the following:

-reinstalling video drivers

-reinstalling monitor inf files

-running fixboot from the ASR (On the first boot after running the ASR the screen will display properly. Any reboot after that and the above two errors happen)

-I checked the BIOS and all settings appear to be correct.

-The adapter settings in windows are correct and are not set to any resolution/refresh rate that is not supported by my monitor.

Any ideas? Thanks in advanced for any help.

Please NOW in Microsoft Windows XP section, use [TAGS] in your topic's title.

See rules

--Sonic

Don't worry about it if the desktop is displayed fine. It's just that your (LCD) monitor does not support the video mode used during the loading screen.

Here is the strange part... I've had this monitor for 6 months now and was using it with my last computer. I did not have any issues then. Other than hardware, the other major difference from the old comp is that I was running XP Pro SP1 then and now its XP Pro SP2.

Last night I updated my BIOS thinking that may have something to do with it. I used Gigabyte's @BIOS software which runs in Windows. After the update was complete it asked me to reboot the system. On he first boot after the BIOS update, the XP load screen appeared just fine. So I thought I had it fixed and rebooted again. Now its back it the same 2 issues as in the original post. :wacko: