A few things i want to do with my RIS image

Hi Guys,

Ive finally managed to get RISULT integrating the DTS drivers and RYANVM working and need to make some final amendments to my RIS setup.

I want to do the following things

Disable fast user switching (im not joining a domain just a workgroup)

Disable windows firewall

and most importantly enable Remote Desktop

Does anyone have any ideas of how I would go about doing these?

Cheers

Res

Sorry posted to wrong forum!

;) Registry Tweaks

;Disable Fast User Switching Service, Provides management for applications that require assistance in a multiple user environment. This service is responsible for letting you stayed logged in as more than one user. Unless you have many users on a system, you probably do not even need this service to be running. You could benefit, however, greatly if you use this service in conjunction with many users on your local computer to allow switching users without closing all existing applications running under a different account.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\FastUserSwitchingCompatibility]"Start"=dword:00000004

; Disable Firewall Service ,Internet Connection Firewall (ICF) / Internet Connection Sharing (ICS) Provides network address translation, addressing, name resolution and/or intrusion prevention services for a home or small office network. Used to allow multiple computers on your network to access the internet via only one account. This service installs on the "modem" computer. If you are using a third party firewall or Internet Connection Sharing software package, this service is not required.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SharedAccess]

"Start"=dword:00000004

Reference here for more. I usually disable Remote Desktop because we use DameWare's remote tool. You might also use a utility to record changes to the system when enabling Remote Desktop. There is a registry entry to disable it, so it can also be used to enable it.