whats the best DVD/VCD player?

Woomera

do what i do, i am using my computer and i am using my svideo output on my vid card which then goes into an svideo to rca converter which then plugs into my vcr which then plugs into my tv. this allows me to watch a movie on my tv :)

and i play the sound off of my sterio speakers which are also my comp speakers.

You could buy a SCART adapter, it would be more efficient. :)

ok this was my first time ive ever heard about VLC,so tried the newest version and guess what,there was nothing special about this program.if you want to play all the media files u just need to install something like XP_CODEC_PACK 1.2.4 then you will be able to play most kinda files with every player that you need.

i my self was using power dvd for so long till i had a problem with full screen mode.

so now im using FANTASY DVD PLAYER,options are much like power dvd and very easy to use.

(MY OPENION) vlc and mpc s u c k s. :whistle:

do what i do, i am using my computer and i am using my svideo output on my vid card which then goes into an svideo to rca converter which then plugs into my vcr which then plugs into my tv. this allows me to watch a movie on my tv :)

and i play the sound off of my sterio speakers which are also my comp speakers.

You could buy a SCART adapter, it would be more efficient. :)

for 10$ i think my setup works just fine

ok this was my first time ive ever heard about VLC,so tried the newest version and guess what,there was nothing special about this program.if you want to play all the media files u just need to install something like XP_CODEC_PACK 1.2.4 then you will be able to play most kinda files with every player that you need.

i my self was using power dvd for so long till i had a problem with full screen mode.

so now im using FANTASY DVD PLAYER,options are much like power dvd and very easy to use.

(MY OPENION) vlc and mpc s u c k s. :whistle:

Or you can install FFDShow and take a look at my filterpack of course. Completely updated, and even less then 2MB, and offers more then the XP Codec Pack.

I use a mix of media players...

DVDs - PowerDVD

AVIs - either BSPlayer or MP10

Transport Streams (.ts files) - VLC

MPEGs - sometimes PowerDVD and sometimes VLC

I have my computer connected by DVI to a 32" LCD and some of these progs are better with adjusting aspect ratios to better fill the screen. I, myself, am not a huge VLC fan. While it is a full featured program, sometimes it is nice to have the simplicity of players like PowerDVD and MP10. The main reason I even started using VLC was to play transport streams that I download for HDTV movies. Now I change them to mpeg files so I can play them in something like PowerDVD most times.