Windows Live Messenger build 562

alsiladka

Well paying heed to the feedback they recieved for the Windows Live Messenger build 365 , Microsoft has released a beta refresh to a select few of the previous testers.

I got my email today . A small changelog of sort was also there in the mail

« New UI design

« New contact list design (no more hover behavior)

« A return of the old status icons

« A Sharing Folders status and progress bar

« The Sharing Folders activity log is now in a separate window

« New Voice platform

« Improved reliability

« Improved stability

« Improved performance

« Improved login performance

Lets wait to see when you people get your mail and then we can discuss the release. I have not yet tested it in detail. But the UI seems better than before . will test the other stuff soon .

Here are a few screenshots :-

They are completely genuine , if anyone gets any doubts because of the screenshots , then let me make it clear that i took them from Gadwin Printscreen . These are the shots i got and i had selected only the client screen so no wallpapers n stuff.

post-44586-1139756280_thumb.jpgpost-44586-1139756291_thumb.jpgpost-44586-1139756301_thumb.jpg

post-44586-1139756311_thumb.jpg

I like it and dont like it in comparison to the older one, will see if i get an invite. Weird that they have gone back to the old style contact list icons, what about the names expanding when you hover over them? is that still in it, that was a neat feature.

looks somewat strange i guess :P

what about the names expanding when you hover over them? is that still in it, that was a neat feature.

Nope that feature has been done away with , loads of people shouted against it.

Actually i hav started loving the layout and the features now . I see it growing popular like Version 7 slowly.

Looks good now . Nice features. Integration with other windows programmes shall be made better. So shal be quite usefull!!!

Am i right in thinking that you cant just download it again and get a newer version then?

I'm using build 8.0.0365

Can I go any higher because its very buggy [crashing] and I've sent loads of those Error Reports now hehe

Cheers

Nath.

Am i right in thinking that you cant just download it again and get a newer version then?

I'm using build 8.0.0365Can I go any higher because its very buggy [crashing]and I've sent loads of those Error Reports now hehe

Cheers

Nath.

Well no you cannot download this version with the precious testing invitation.

This is a complete refresh beta with new invitations rolled out. So i guess you shall have to wait for your turn.

Well , you WLM crashes? Never happened with me!!!! Maybe try reinstalling.