Googles steals your files

Gouki

It helps to read their license agreement carefully. Very carefully.

I have never used, and never will use Google Desktop or any similar programs that have intimate relationships with the Internet, unless I know and approve exactly what gets sent out of my machine.

*Gouki thinks about the stupid comments that Microsoft was Hell*

Well, whos making "not so good" things now?

I agree, most people blame MSFT for everything and are using more products of the same company than users that don't say anything bad at all..

It seems that most interesting "job" today is to enter somebody's privacy...

Hey would be unfair to say they steal your files , thay are just catching those files for you if you want the feature to search through them from any computer.

The only problem is the law is pretty weak for such a feature to work as it is intended .

Although from there part they are not wrong , Google , they just want to make your searching flexible .

And they are also not going to do it without your permission!!

Well there intentions are quite clear.

They shall keep a copy of you files on their servers. Log in to the Desktop search from anywhere and search your own files.

In a way like there catching feature of the web search.

Pity the law is so weak in this case

Yeah, thats wonderfull aint it? Having confidential files hosted on a computer you cant manage. Well, if you like the idea, go ahead, but, having such a big part of personal computers hosted on a single location is kinda creepy.

The problem of new software is that every single company wants to make things as easy as hell, and automated 100%.

What happend to the fact that people can use a Flash Drive to carry something to another location where he/she wont have his/her computer?

Good old fashion keeps on getting better.

Im not saying it isnt good, im just saying im not going for it.

Well , simply put up , only fools would want this feature. Even i wont let them catch my files and let the Government read them with the help of a easily available warrant.

All i am saying is, they do not steal your files. Stealing is without you knowledge , Whereas here they are catching it with your permission.

I guess thats the end of the Convo. We both not gonna use it , so why fight over it. *sighs

It's off by default. "oh noes!"

Yeah, my parents always go straight to the options. *sigh*

If there's one thing to complain about Google for, it's their stance in China or the low-quality releases of stuff like Google Video and the plain crap Google Pack, but noooo, Google releases something that'll cache a text-only version of word-and-access-documents-only as an optional feature off by default, and bam, the crowd goes wild.

Nice. And you problably think we are all over reacting, right?

Should we continue blasting each other or stop :blushing:

Accusing them of stealing really does not fit into this scenario guyz ,

In what sense are they stealing your files? The have disable that feature by default , thay let you decide wether you wanna let them catch your files , if you wish to do so , they shall provide you with there space and search engine to search your docs from anywhere , if you do not want that to happen , they just let you search your files from your comp.

As simple as that , what is there evil intention over here ?