Would you be interested?

Computer Guru

Interested?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in a Open Source pretty PGP implementation?

• Yes
    • GnuPG is good enough
    • I would rather buy PGP Desktop
    • What the hell is PGP?

I'm sure everyone here knows what PGP is..

And I'm also sure that every knows that for Windows your only options are the ugly WinPG rip of GnuPG or PGP Desktop, the latter of which is a great application... but costs much $$$$

Would you be interested in a program that looks as good as PGP Desktop, that works as well as it or even better, and is Open Source and FREE??

Just want to know... I was looking around for something to write and then remembered how ugly and buggy WinPG or whatever its called is.. and how badly encryption needed to be made much more widely available for people to actually start using it...

Well, you can consider the interface and how pretty it is to be synonmous with ease of use and functionality.. You can hardly use WinPG...

Yeah, this is a poll, and if the poll looks right, I make the program. It does look right :thumbup

I posted on other forums too... the polls were the same results, majority voting for new app, no one voted for the uberfunctional and supercool pgp desktop, and most votes went to YES and to "no idea what PGP is..."

See, once you have a better looking app that is easier to use you can actually expect people to start using it!