[Help] Problem with velocity of Internet

Hello

Here my problems

I have a 6M/1M connection for accessing to the internet.

Configuration

P4 2.6GHz - 2Go Ram DDR400 3-2-2-5

ASUS P4P800 Deluxe

LAN 3COM 3C200 (9C940) / Realtek 8139C

ATI 9600 Pro AGP

SB Live 5.1 Digital

Windows XP Pro

etc

My problem

When i want to download a software via "download.com" for example, the speed is limited at 20ko/s instead 400 ko/s at my work

despite configuration of xp for dsl connections (registry, recents drivers etc)

I tried to modify registry parameters with TCP Optimizer / Tuneup Utilities / or manually and with differents networks cards etc without success (My TCP/IP connections are at 100)

Now i think that my problem come from a restriction on TCP/IP or HTTP in windows ?

Are anybody know this problem ?

Thanks for your help.

If you want more precisions, ask me.

Do you only have this problem when downloading from a specific site?

Have you tried those Download Speed Velocimeter web appz? What results did you go there?

I had this problem once, contacted my ISP and the problem was on their side. Its only a good idea to talk to them. Just dont tell them you have been messing around with the Registry. Them or Microsoft.

"Please reformat your computer, and when its done, please contact us."

Hello

Thanks for those reponses. My problem is the same despite the sites. For someelse, the speed is a few good than other but not full. I use download software like reget etc, i download at 120ko/s max ! I have reformat many times with or without modify registry parameters etc.

I have already asked to my isp, there was a problem on their side about my phone cable. But i haven't plainfull use of my connection yet.

I Think that i am locked. I have also tried with other computer (notebook etc) without success. I have good technical caracteristics yet.

But i'm not in a big town ! Maybe i have to move away !

++

The speed of your connection depends on the amount of bandwidth that the server on the other end has decided to give you. If the server is congested with other users, it cannot provide you full bandwidth.

Try downloading from very fast servers such as Microsoft's. They can give over 10 megabytes/s for one individual connection.