help! [large problem]

reubend

check ur hdd cable to make sure that u hav plugged it in so the red stripe on the cable connects to pin 1 of the IDE connector.  If u got it backwards ur pc wont boot at all

yeah, ive already checked that like 10 times but i will do it again just to make sure, thanks for all the help so far.

check the mobo as well to make sure nothin has come loose or been plugged in backwards, everything will still power up but the sys will just hang when it tries to go thru the POST if the cable is backwards, or the drive is a dud. If that fails and everything is plugged in, try the drive in another pc. If the same thing happens in there, then take the drive back to where u got it from

check the mobo as well to make sure nothin has come loose or been plugged in backwards, everything will still power up but the sys will just hang when it tries to go thru the POST if the cable is backwards, or the drive is a dud.  If that fails and everything is plugged in, try the drive in another pc.  If the same thing happens in there, then take the drive back to where u got it from

ok, i formatted the drive in my pc, so im pretty sure its good.

i hope the motherboard isnt fried.

im gonna check all the cables, my hards are so **** big, i probably kocked a wire loose or something.

no beep means one of your components is either broken or not hooked up correctly, this can be ram,cpu, cd-rom, or hdd... I don't think the Video-Card can stop the comp from booting since I had a bad vid-card once and it still beeped, but just didnt give me picture, btw the beep means that the power self test has completed and basicly means that all components are powered up and working fine..

update: checked most of the stuff, put the drive in my computer, and it works fine. to me it looks like that computer needs a new motherboard, **** i just got him a new one last year  :)

lol, before that I would try putting in as minimal as possible, just one stick of ram (one ur sure of works), cpu, and hook up power supply, if it gives u a beep then try adding another component like vid-card, then hdd, that way u can determine for sure..