Need testers for 4.4rc1

@ lawrenca

hey - good work! but wouldnt it be better to leave wpi as it is, and let ktool check which kind of installation it is? Im not good in autoit, but it isnt very hard, I think.

I'll take a look at it but I won't be doing much more with kTool as we should be gaining the progress bar functionality in the new WPI 4.4rc2 (if it is still called that). Better performance and nicer GUI.

Will lobby hard to add some of the extras I put in modified kTool to limit the number of external programs (Sleep, Killing Processes, closing down annoying readme windows after install, reboot flags, etc.). Having these in the config template makes it easier for me as I don't have to place paths in for these and carry those external tools.

Will also try to get Greyed Condition (in my case, indicates program already installed) to parse the silent arguments and launch the setup.exe for repair, modify, uninstall. A pretty easy mod that I added in my copy of WPI.

Would also like to see a more convenient configuration manager to make startup and maintenance of programs easier adding a filter by category so it is easier to manage UIDs, deps, and excls, and most importantly, install order. I use a tool I wrote myself to configure WPI, unfortunately, it is geared toward my modified version.

Here is a little modified ktool.

the rightsidebar is called ktoolside.jpg size 172x413 and background ktoolback.jpg 1280x1024. you can replace it by your own pics. place all in your tools folder.

You can also exit the installation by pushing the esc button.

To fit for your own language the autoit ktool.au3 source is included. just search for headline= "Installiere Programme" and Progress= "Fortschritt" and compile the ktool.au3 with autoit to get ktool.exe.

Looks like this:

Ktool.jpg

Download it: Ktool modified

Here is a little modified ktool.

the rightsidebar is called ktoolside.jpg size 172x413 and background ktoolback.jpg 1280x1024. you can replace it by your own pics. place all in your tools folder.

You can also exit the installation by pushing the esc button.

To fit for your own language the autoit ktool.au3 source is included. just search for headline= "Installiere Programme" and Progress= "Fortschritt" and compile the ktool.au3 with autoit to get ktool.exe.

Looks like this:

Ktool.jpg

Download it: Ktool modified

nice ;)

what font is that and how did you set it?

BIG THX wixfigura

im very glad whot you did

do more please!!!

pantani8mk.jpg

This is my the best frend Marco Pantani legend of profesional bicicels

By By Marco This my instalation i dedicated for YOU

Edited by Yurek3

@Yurek3

Take a jpg in your desired resolution ( maybe if your Monitors res. while installation is 800x600 reformat your pic to 800x600 ), rename it to ktoolback.jpg and copy it to WPI\Tools folder - thats it !!

ktool cannot stretch or resize a small pic to full window size :no: Maybe in a later version of Autoit.

If you do not want a background just remove ktoolback.jpg and make shure there isnt a copy of it in your %temp% folder.

If you want to resize a little just edit line9 in ktool.au3:

SplashImageOn("1", $destination, 1280, 1024, -1, -1, 3)

you see - resolution is 1280x1024 - you can change it anyway you like it first -1 means x-position middle 2nd -1 y pos middle, 3 means always on top, without headerbar.

If you modify it like this:

SplashImageOn("Yurek3 WPI", $destination, 200, 150, 20, 400, 0)

then you have a Pic with 200x150 dimension, 20pts x-pos from left and 400 pts y-pos away from top. Title is: "Yurek3 WPI".

Compile it with Autoit - thats all !

You see - quite easy.

If you want to know more, here you can get Autoit. It has a very good helpfile inside!

AutoIt 3 Download

Here you get other language Help Files

Other Language Helpfiles

Its pretty interesting to work with Autoit. You can do many things better or more than with .cmd files.

And is not as heavy as it looks like ( I began 1 month before to work with it).

Bye - good luck

Its not the right place in that forum for things like that - but what does it matter!!!

Nice that you like my theme. I created it completly by myself - from Hellacopters Album Cover "By the grace of god". So I called it graceXP.

Overall it looks like this:

grace.jpg

If you want that the theme appears before first logon you need to run the regfiles at T12

And you need a hacked uxtheme.dll in your XP

So here you can download it:

GraceXP Theme + regTweaks

Bye

Edited by wixfigura