[Release] Launcher

gramiche

You build your own customized windows xp CD and add a lot of usefull programs ?

But all of theses program is not usefull on every computer you manage ?

This tool is made for you !

It display a popup during installation process (with timer) with the list of programs ready to install. You choose which program you want to install, and the launcher start each program one by one.

You can choose which program is selected by default, and specify all switches needed to start install silently.

Interested ?

=>> Home page <<=

A screenshot of the launcher :

post-86886-1139397903_thumb.jpg

nice will give it a try..(no offence but WPI has the same features) ..nice work

i have built this little tool because i dont have found any program which do that !

I'm going to search WPI on google... if someone can give me an url...

i will see if any diffrence exist. If not, i will delete my little tool :hello:

Ok, i've found WPI. It's a great and huge program. Same objective as my launcher, it's true.

I keep mine for my personal use because it is very ligther than WPI. I think my launcher is more simple to configure, but less powerfull.

This seems to be an easy program, but doesn't have a lot of info associated with it. So here are my questions:

1. When is this program run? During Runonceex.cmd, or cmdline.txt?

2. Is each program given time to run before moving on to the next (so it has time to finish), or is the timer set for the whole list?

1. When is this program run? During Runonceex.cmd, or cmdline.txt?

2. Is each program given time to run before moving on to the next (so it has time to finish), or is the timer set for the whole list?

I run the program as an Hotfix (with nLite)

The timer is here only to not stop windows installation. At the end of the timer, the installation process continue and install each selected program, one by one.

If you click at least one time in the Launcher window, the timer is stoped.

Launcher start the second installation program only when the first is finished (checked with the process name)

Same thing also possible with (light) WIHU..

(you can also create subselections etc.... things get autoselected if you select something depending on it etc..)

YES, it is the same thing that :

- WPI

- WAIT

- WIHU

but it seem to be a moskito comparing to steam machine :P

(i haven't found WIHU light)

Launcher can be used easily:

-as a windows post installer

-as an autorun for home made CD/DVD

Edited by gramiche

Ok, i've found WPI. It's a great and huge program. Same objective as my launcher, it's true.

I keep mine for my personal use because it is very ligther than WPI. I think my launcher is more simple to configure, but less powerfull.

I love yours more than others because of its simplicity and light. Please continue updating this aswsome tool. :thumbup:whistle::w00t: B) I found the others a bit more bloat and difficult to configure. That's why I need use them.

Kenneth

Edited by kenneth11zz

Can you give an example or sample ini? file structure etc?

this is my current launcher.ini :

AMC3502.EXE;/verysilent;;Ant Movie Catalog 3.5.0.2, Gestion de collection

GAIM150.EXE;/S;X;Gaim 1.5.0, Client de messagerie instantannée multiprotocole (MSN, AIM, ICQ, Yahoo, Google Talk, ...)

FILEZILLA2218.EXE;/S;X;FileZilla 2.2.18, Client FTP

AVAST46.EXE;/silent;X;Avast 4.6, Antivirus (Ne pas oublier la mise a jour ci-dessous)

AVAST46UPD.EXE;/silent;X;Avast 4.6 mise a jour, Nouvelle liste des virus (07/02/2006)

FFDSHOW.EXE;/S;X;Filtres FFDShow pour visualiser Divx, ZviD, ... sans installer de codec séparés

WRAR351FR.EXE;/S;X;WinRAR 3.5.1, Compresseur/Décompresseur de fichiers

FIREFOX15.EXE;;X;FireFox 1.5, Navigateur Internet alternatif

FRHED.EXE;;;FreeHexEditor 1.1b, Editeur Hexadécimal

PDFCREATOR09.EXE;/VERYSILENT /NOREBOOT;X;PDF Creator, Imprimante PDF virtuelle

PHOTOFILTRE62.EXE;/S;X;Photofiltre 6.2, Editeur d'images et retouche photo

SPYBOT14.EXE;/VERYSILENT;X;SpyBot 1.4, Anti-Spyware (Ne pas oublier la mise a jour ci-dessous)

SPYBOT14UPD.EXE;/S;X;SpyBot 1.4 mise a jour, Nouvelle liste des spywares (07/02/2006)

UTORRENT14.EXE;;X;uTorrent 1.4, Client BitTorrent ultra léger

ZONEALARM61737.EXE;/s /noreboot;X;ZoneAlarm 6.1.737, Firewall

SPEEDFAN427.EXE;/S;;SpeedFan 4.27, Monitoring température PC et gestion des ventilateurs

QUICKPAR091.EXE;/S;;QuickPar 0.9.1, Controle l'intégrité des archives et les répare

PSPAD450.EXE;/VERYSILENT;;PSPad 4.5.0, Editeur de texte puissant

QTALT168.EXE;/SP- /verysilent;X;QuickTime Alternative 1.68, Codec pour video QuickTime

RALT146.EXE;/SP- /verysilent;X;Real Alternative 1.46, Codec pour video RealMedia

The first line is a number greater than 0. It is the time in seconds before autolaunch (timer)

All others lines have the same structure :

1 : name of the file to execute

2 : parameters for the file

3 : X if you want this entry is selected by default

4 : Description that apear in the window

between each part, you write a ; (1;2;3;4)

One line per program

Couple more questions for ya...

1. Do all the Programes have to be in the same folder to install? It looks that way, so I guess my real question is there a way to have each piece of software install from a different folder.

2. Are .msi files handled the same way as .exe files?

3. What about Registry Key entries (especially when using Runonceex.cmd). For example this how I install iTunes using Runonceex.cmd...

REG ADD %KEY%\093 /VE /D "iTunes v6.0.2.23" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\093 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\Applications\iTunes\iTunes6.0.2.23.exe" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\093 /V 1 /D "REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\Install\Applications\iTunes\Itunes.reg" /f

Notice the last line adds some registry settings. Can you do the same with Launcher?

So just to give yo some info, I intend to run this program from within Runonceex.cmd. That way I have a choice of what software I may want installed at that time.

Edited by Powerhouse

Why some programs have more then one " ; " ?

All lines have 3 " ; "

1;2;3;4

with

1 : name of the file to execute

2 : parameters for the file

3 : X if you want this entry is selected by default

4 : Description that apear in the window

If a program have no parameters : 1;;3;4 (2 is empty)

If a program have no parameters and is not selected by default : 1;;;4 (2 and 3 is empty)

1. Do all the Programes have to be in the same folder to install? It looks that way, so I guess my real question is there a way to have each piece of software install from a different folder.

2. Are .msi files handled the same way as .exe files?

3. What about Registry Key entries (especially when using Runonceex.cmd). For example this how I install iTunes using Runonceex.cmd...

All the programs need to be in the same folder of launcher.exe.

I think you can place program in a subfolder and specify the relative path.

Example :

Launcher.exe is in C:\Testdvd\Launcher

All install programs to start with launcher.exe need to be in c:\Testdvd\Launcher or subfolder.

Gaim.exe is put in the c:\Testdvd\Launcher\Gaim folder.

Then in the launcher.ini file :

Gaim\Gaim.exe;/S;X;Gaim, my favorite multiprotocol IM

I have not try .msi

there are not supported because to start a msi, you launch a windows program with the msi in parameters

But you can create an itune.cmd with the command to start your .msi (and your registry entries)

Launcher.ini file contain :

itune.cmd;;X;Itune, my crap music manager B)

runonceex.cmd will start Launcher, launcher will start the itune.cmd (if selected) and the itune.cmd start the msi and add reg entries:)

I can try to support .msi but not registry entries because it will completly change the structure of the .ini and make it more complicated **Can be possible... i think launcher v2 will come soon**

I have written a little FAQ

==>> The new topic

Edited by gramiche