Test Your Firewall

• 2 weeks later...

Your Internet port 139 does not appear to exist!

One or more ports on this system are operating in FULL STEALTH MODE! Standard Internet behavior requires port connection attempts to be answered with a success or refusal response. Therefore, only an attempt to connect to a nonexistent computer results in no response of either kind. But YOUR computer has DELIBERATELY CHOSEN NOT TO RESPOND (that's very cool!) which represents advanced computer and port stealthing capabilities. A machine configured in this fashion is well hardened to Internet NetBIOS attack and intrusion.

Unable to connect with NetBIOS to your computer.

All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet.

:) And i have a NetBios Enabled Home Netowrk with 2 Comps :D

Per Adapter/Connection NetBIOS is Very Possible with Windows ...

You would get these Results even without a firewall if COnfigured Properly :rolleyes:

w00t, just did some more editing, and now even my port 80 closes up automaticly..

Port

Service

Status Security Implications

FTP

OPEN! FTP servers have many known security vulnerabilities and the payoff from exploiting an insecure FTP server can be significant. This system's open FTP port is inviting intruders to examine your system more closely.

Telnet

Closed Your computer has responded that this port exists but is currently closed to connections.

SMTP

Closed Your computer has responded that this port exists but is currently closed to connections.

Finger

HTTP

POP3

IDENT

RPC

Net

BIOS

IMAP

HTTPS

MSFT

DS

UPnP

:) I love having a router rather then firewall software. ONLY what I want is open. Nothing more, nothing less. Firewall software tends to "damage" the connection by removing access to specific things and it's easy to mistakenly block important software from accessing the Internet.

Attempting connection to your computer. . .

Shields UP! is now attempting to contact the Hidden Internet Server within your PC. It is likely that no one has told you that your own personal computer may now be functioning as an Internet Server with neither your knowledge nor your permission. And that it may be serving up all or many of your personal files for reading, writing, modification and even deletion by anyone, anywhere, on the Internet!

Preliminary Internet connection refused!

This is extremely favorable for your system's overall Windows File and Printer Sharing security. Most Windows systems, with the Network Neighborhood installed, hold the NetBIOS port 139 wide open to solicit connections from all passing traffic. Either this system has closed this usually-open port, or some equipment or software such as a "firewall" is preventing external connection and has firmly closed the dangerous port 139 to all passersby. (Congratulations!)

Unable to connect with NetBIOS to your computer.

All attempts to get any information from your computer have FAILED. (This is very uncommon for a Windows networking-based PC.) Relative to vulnerabilities from Windows networking, this computer appears to be VERY SECURE since it is NOT exposing ANY of its internal NetBIOS networking protocol over the Internet.

:rolleyes::D
Port

Service

Status Security Implications

FTP

Telnet

SMTP

Finger

HTTP

OPEN! The web is so insecure these days that new security "exploits" are being discovered almost daily. There are many known problems with Microsoft's Personal Web Server (PWS) and its Frontpage Extensions that many people run on their personal machines. So having port 80 "open" as it is here causes intruders to wonder how much information you might be willing to give away.

POP3

IDENT

OPEN! Identification/Authorization Service — Internet servers such as POP, IMAP, SMTP, and IRC query this port in response to client connections. It should NEVER be open since this is a source of tremendous information escape. Unsophisticated firewalls will show it closed — thus this provides a means for intruders to detect an otherwise stealthed computer. Only the latest, highest technology, adaptive firewalls are smart enough to stealth this port against random probes while showing it closed to queries from valid servers.

RPC

Net

BIOS

IMAP

HTTPS

MSFT

DS

UPnP

I prefer router also, I havent had a software firewall on meh computer for bout a year now.. never bin hacked besides by me (lol coz i know the passwords required) but now have also have secured that so even I can't hack into it anymore.. I'm starting to edit my Linksys 8-Port Router bios with hex.. might actually make it more secure, I already have it eidted so it redials in 1sec period instead of the 20sec limit that linksys gives u :)

:) I love having a router rather then firewall software.  ONLY what I want is open.  Nothing more, nothing less.  Firewall software tends to "damage" the connection by removing access to specific things and it's easy to mistakenly block important software from accessing the Internet.

That is Associated with Bad Software Firewalls .. the cheap / free kind and some of those that charge a high price and sell junk

a good software firewall will perform at the same quality as HardWare :rolleyes:

hmm.. shifty test

it doesn't cover all of the security braches so i wouldn't count myself completely "secure" just because I passed the test with all stealth..

if you want to be avoid getting "hacked" i would suggest just being cautious in general and watch for anything suspicious going on :)

later then

bw

• 3 weeks later...