Post Pictures and Specifications of your computer here!

ripken204

my cable management is purely makeshift. i just wanted to mod it up a little before it dies, because i might have just given it a few more years. not to mention how the thing is built..the power cables coming out of the PSU are to the left looking at it through the 5.25" bays, so i can't really mod it up to change that and get them completely out of the way.

im still waiting on a powerpack for the dual Xeon motherboard, so i have no computer to fall back on, im stuck with what i have for the next month or two...i either find a new PSU or i find one thats smaller and less power consuming than the 600W one. either way, i need it to run the comp. its got a case loosely fit together, i just haven't put on L-Brackes yet because i don't know how big the PSU will end up being. i found one on Ebay that is a last resort, so if all else fails thats what i've got to get. im hoping that the computer my friend is about to dump has the right stuff for it....oh well...i've got a trip planned to go to a local school that just takes whole computers and dumps them, so if i can pull out some goods i will. that includes as much RAM as i can, processors + fans/heat syncs and hard drives...and one power pack that suites my needs.

that wireless USB, is that an internal cable or part of the PCI card, because i've never seen that before, but thats a sweet lookin rig :thumbup

Edited by puntoMX

Its a Bluetooth adapter (for my fone software).

Its a USB PCI card. It has 2 external ports and 1 internal, so I hide the bluetooth dongle away inside :D

Cheers, I do like to look after my rig :P (it gets air dusted every so often as well, lol)

thats awesome :thumbup

about the best i can do is have a PCI ATA/66 card in my comp and then have ODDs and the masters and HDD's as the slaves...it looks interesting because i usually just let it hang out onto my desk :lol:

but im thinking of playing musical computers, taking this thing upstairs with the sound card, and having the 1.4GHz down here with no sound...we'll see, i think i still need sound all over, but i want the faster computer down here..its an interesting situation for one who has little money to spend.

• 2 weeks later...

This is a really old computer, built around 1999. It features 10 IDE drives, which was a rare for that time. It runs Linux. I still have the box, but since it has two 120mm fans in it (among other fans), it is very loud when running. Four of the drives are 45 Gig drives in a RAID-10 on a 3ware ATA-66 card. There is still room for a CD-ROM and floppy, too.

-John

Click Here For Full Size Picture

10drives_small.jpg

:lol: wheres the mobo in that mess? jk

what type of mobo is that? i have one from 1999 that could have that many SCSI drives, but it'll only have IDE, for the speed really. i could get a 250GB SATA drive, but i have no SATA plugs on any of my computers, making it somewhat useless. although my Super S2DGU has two UW SCSI inputs and one UltraSCSI inputs along with 2 IDE and a floppy...it is a server really, but i don't have a PSU for it. [bummed by that]

i should be getting one soon.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't have pictures yet but here are the specs:

CPU: Intel x6800 core duo extreme

Memory: 4 GB OCZ DDR2 800 Platinum Rev 2

Mobo: EVGA 122-ck-nf68-ar NVIDIA 680i chipset

Video: EVGA 768MB e-GeForce 8800 GTX (2 in sli)

PSU: Enermax Galaxy 1000 watt

Cpu cooler: Vigor Gaming Monsoon 2 active tec

Case: Black Thermaltake Armor with optional 25cm side fan

Sound: Creativelabs XFI Platinum

Storage: Four 500 gig SATA 2 3gig hard drives, 1 is external

Plextor 755SA SATA Dual layer burner

HP dvd/cdr&rw burner with lightscribe

The Build has change a couple times it started out with 2 ASUS 7950gx2's in Quad Sli on a ASUS P5N32 sli Premium, now it will be the EVGA board and two 8800gtx's in sli, they are faster and DX10 compliant. When the first build was done the rig was some what quiet. The loudest thing was and still is the Vigor cooler, but it works so well, CPU temp 31c (idle) and 37c (under load), that I live with it. The only other thing I will add is a dedicated water cooling system for the video cards when the blocks are out.

Pictures will follow this weekend.

Edited by Misha

The Build has change a couple times it started out with 2 ASUS 7950gx2's in Quad Sli on a ASUS P5N32 sli Premium, now it will be the EVGA board and two 8800gtx's in sli, they are faster and DX10 compliant. When the first build was done the rig was some what quiet. The loudest thing was and still is the Vigor cooler, but it works so well, CPU temp 31c (idle) and 37c (under load), that I live with it. The only other thing I will add is a dedicated water cooling system for the video cards when the blocks are out.

Pictures will follow this weekend.

if this is true then you are the luckiest man on earth!

Gross.... :P

The video cards must make a fair bit of noise.... :unsure:

So you just go out and buy whatever's the most expensive thing on the market at the time, huh... $$$

Guess it's my turn now.

Here's a picture of my computer desk.

100_0910.jpg

The desk was custom made by myself with a single sheet of laminated presswood (39$).

On the left is my APC Back-UPS Pro 500 with my power switches on top.

On top is a Viewsonic E90F Monitor, Logitech Media Elite Keyboard, MX-518 Mouse, and Speakers. Left of the screen is my eDimensional AudioFX Force Feedback Headset and next to that is my old reliable AGFA Snapscan E50 Scanner. Below my scanner is a little space that has my Dlink router, cable modem, my games and below that is a Canon S-520 Printer.

Now to the good part. THE BOX... Here's the picture first.

100_0911.jpg

The case is a Antec Sonata 2 with little modification made to that air duct thing. I cut the and sealed the upper part to suck in fresh air an blow it directly on the video card (ATI AIW X800XT Stock) wich keeps it at 40C idle and 58C full. Notice that i kept all those wires out of the way to help with air flow.

The motherboard is a MSI K8T Neo 2-F (Socket 939/VIA KT800/AGP). CPU is a AMD Athon X2-4200 with stock cooler (the CPU never really goes above 41C). I'm using 1 Gig Corsair TwinX DDR400 of memory.

There's also a Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS hidden behind the air duct. On the right side are two Western Digital Raptor 74G that keeps all my data safe and my games speedy. And finally... There are two dvd's on top. One is a regular LG DVD drive and the other is a Plextor PX-708A that keeps all my stuff backed up.

My system is running Windows XP Home with all the latest drivers and updates. I have 35 Processes running on idle when fully booted. Boot time is about 40 seconds (time between pressing the power on button and everything loaded). I Scored 6050 in 3DMark05 (Demo). Nothing is overclocked and all is nice and cool, no hiccups, bugs or instability.

I super satisfied with this setup and will run it for quite a while before i change it.