Post Pictures and Specifications of your computer here!

ripken204

• 2 months later...

Another Shuttle XPC Owner Here :thumbup

(I'll aplolgize in advance. I'm not good at taking pictures)

2lax4c1.jpg

wl6nhw.jpg

Shuttle XPC SS30G2

Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate Edition SP2 (32-Bit)

Intel Pentium D 2.80GHz Dual Core Processor

NVIDIA GeForce 8400 GS 512MB Graphics Adapter

32-Bit and 64-Bit Capability

2GB RAM (DDR2 PC2-5300)

640GB Internal Western Digital Sata Hard Drive (Main Drive) (7200 RPM)

1TB Internal Western Digital Sata Hard Drive (Storage Drive) (7200 RPM)

Realtek AC'97 Audio

1MB L2 Cache

Edited by adrian2055

Not a bad little machine, I sold off my Shuttle above, but am eventually planning on building a miniITX system based around a Silverstone SG06 case. Probably be a Core i5 750, Gigabyte's new M-IXT mobo, 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM, 1TB drive, and one of the awesome new GTX 460's.

Just loved how small Shuttles and ITX systems are! My Lian-Li K62 is about five times bigger than my Shuttle was :lol:

Not a bad little machine, I sold off my Shuttle above, but am eventually planning on building a miniITX system based around a Silverstone SG06 case. Probably be a Core i5 750, Gigabyte's new M-IXT mobo, 4GB DDR3 1333MHz RAM, 1TB drive, and one of the awesome new GTX 460's.

Just loved how small Shuttles and ITX systems are! My Lian-Li K62 is about five times bigger than my Shuttle was :lol:

Thanks. That's what I love about them. You can't beat the size and they're powerful. I could only dream of the system you're planing on building. That's gonna be sweet! You current machine is huge compared to anything shuttle makes. That reminds me of My Dell Inspiron 537. That thing was all case and no parts LOL!

... I sold off my Shuttle above, ...

No you didn't, YOU AXED IT! :lol:

The new 460 from nVidia is indeed a nice card, just in between the 5830 and 5850 from ATI, but at the price of an 5830 (for now).

Ha I have a lot of room in my PC, especially with the HDD cage out and the HDD in a 5.25" bay using an adapter.

LOL yes I axed it, a friend of mine owns it so I still get to see it sometimes.

Over here the 460 cost about $40 less than a 5830 yet beats it in every test. Plus uses less power, runs cooler and overclocks enough that it BEATS a 5850! Mad card, finally NVIDIA came up with a good GTX 4xx card!

Was originally going to get a 5850 when I build a M-ITX system but now a 460 would suit me better. They are smaller too which is a plus for when building a system so tiny.

Actually I think it's Palit that make a non-reference 460 which is just 190mm long yet comes overclocked to be as fast as a 5850! But don't like the look of the cooler so was going to get a Galaxy GTX 460 Super OC.

In fact here's the Galaxy card review: http://www.tweaktown.com/reviews/3405/galaxy_geforce_gtx_460_super_oc_1gb_video_card/index.html

It also compares the Palit card plus a GTX 470, 5830 and 5850. On average the Galaxy 460 beats the 5850 which is about $100 more expensive! Also SLI scales awesome on these things, two 460's are pretty insane for the price usually beating a 5970. But I'm restricted to one card in a ITX system :lol:

I should probably take some pics of my main rig to show you guys, but first it need a dust clean :whistle:

Over here the 460 cost about $40 less than a 5830 yet beats it in every test. Plus uses less power, runs cooler and overclocks enough that it BEATS a 5850! Mad card, finally NVIDIA came up with a good GTX 4xx card!

Must be the other side of the world ;). Here in the Americas they are the same price. I must say that I look more at the DX11 benchmarks myself but you are right about that card; nVidia puts on some aggressive marketing that could save their behinds.

Yes indeed, the 460 is great value for the price and SLI works wonders. Am actually contemplating not building an ITX system, but instead upgrading to an i5/i7 rig with a GTX 460, full sized mobo etc and keeping my current case. Then I could always get another 460 to SLI if I wanted for performance far better than a 480 or 5870 at a similar price.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Now thats a prime example of perfect cable management! :thumbup

Thanks!

It's even better now, got black sata cables that are harder to see behind the HDD's.

I also routed the front power cable under the mobo and straight out into the front headers on the mobo which hides them a little bit more.

Then I zip-tied the two little white cables down in the far bottom right, not that you could see them once the side panel/window was on.

Lastly I unplugged one more cable from the PSU (sata power) and instead used the last molex available on the single molex modular cable that is connected to the PSU and plugged in a molex to dual sata power adapter. So there is now one less cable coming from the PSU. There is only the hardwired 24 pin, 8 pin and 4 pins, as well as one modular cable with three molex connectors on the end, and two 6 pin modular cables to the GPU.

All case fans connect to a front fan controller in case you didn't realize, and all hidden very well as they do not enter from the inside front of the 5.25" bays as you would normally expect ;)

Recently I have built a new gaming box just for taking to LAN parties so this gaming case with flashy lights etc will be sold and replaced with a Fractal Design Define R3 black :D

Haven't really upgraded my PC as such, just had a new monitor and smaller speakers to tidy up the desk:

Got the Dell UltraSharp U2410 24".

Needed a more precise monitor with 110% Gamut level for my photography.

1296292577_1_FT64478_img_0574.jpg

1296292577_1_FT64478_img_0575.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.kwikpiks.com/files/172/IMG_20110222_190356.jpg

NZXT Phantom

Asus M4A79XTD EVO

4GB DDR3

Western Digital 150gb Velociraptor

Antec 650W

AMD Phenom II 1090T

MSI 5770 Hawk

LG Blu-Ray burner

They are quite fast, and the NZXT Phantom is a very good looking case. Without a doubt at all.

http://www.kwikpiks.com/files/172/IMG_20110222_191143.jpg

• 1 month later...